• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finished my blue tower lights install

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very happy with the outcome and the look. Sorry for the phone camera quality. The pics dont show how blue they really are.
Already added 5 1/4 inch speakers to the swim deck sides.
The only project left it to install blue led lights to the swimdeck and throughout the cockpit. I am starting that tomorrow after work
20160914_195519.jpg 20160914_195552.jpg 20160914_195527.jpg

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks sweet !!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great!

Are you putting those on a separate switch or hooking up to the OEM courtesy light circuit?
Do you mind sharing what LEDs did you use?

And - how is this tower for running wires, was it a nightmare with snagging inside?

Are you considering adding docking lights?

Sorry for all the questions. Hope you will take those as a compliment!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great!

Are you putting those on a separate switch or hooking up to the OEM courtesy light circuit?
Do you mind sharing what LEDs did you use?

And - how is this tower for running wires, was it a nightmare with snagging inside?

Are you considering adding docking lights?

Sorry for all the questions. Hope you will take those as a compliment!
Questions are good so no worries

Later tonight i will get you the info on what brand lights they are.

As far as my wiring the tower lighys are tied into the anchor light on the pylon. The center light wiring is hidden completly since the preexisting wiring follows the forward tube and heads to pylon inside the center cross brace. Using a wire coathanger with a small hook i was able to fish wires out easily.
The outer two lights are a different story since the cross braces do not have holes going into the forward tube. So i got a roll of white heatshrink tubing to have the wires neatly blend into the towerand ran them into the hole that is on top center of the forward tube. It isnt as perfect as it would with all wiring inside the tubes. But it still looks neat and clean.

I am not planning on docking lights yet but who knows....

The other lights are most likely going on a separate switch from courtesy light switch

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my 3 swim deck lights installed and only 2 cockpit lights done so far and met up with friends for a few beers. Love the way they look so far20160916_185652.jpg 20160916_201118.jpg 20160916_210208.jpg 20160916_212108.jpg 20160916_211741.jpg 20160916_210229.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome looking lights! I may have to copy them!

If they are tied to the anchor light, then they will be on when you have the navigation lights on. Hopefully this won't impede your night vision?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome looking lights! I may have to copy them!

If they are tied to the anchor light, then they will be on when you have the navigation lights on. Hopefully this won't impede your night vision?
Only the tower lights are tied into the anchor light. The rest of the lights are with the courtesy lights and will dim with the control panel.
I still have many more lights to ad but need to find the time....

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been neglecting my 2 motorcycles, i have new led turn signals for them but have been putting off all summer for boating and jetskiing. Weather has been too nice to be in garage working

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only the tower lights are tied into the anchor light. The rest of the lights are with the courtesy lights and will dim with the control panel.
I still have many more lights to ad but need to find the time....
@Neutron this is actually fantastic news. I believe you have been the first here who had the courage (or balls rather) to tap into the Connext system dimmer.

Only @Mainah, I think, actually understands how it works but still there were questions whether or not the Connext would accept additional LEDs without throwing a code or messing up the dimmer function.

I guess we have the answer! Thank you so much for sharing. This is very good news.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues ASAP.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will try just about anything and deal with the carnage later....
I tested it with one light to see if they would dim with the connect and it did.
With these small led lights it is such a low draw i wasnt afraid to add more.
We were out from sunset last night till jusg before 11pm and the lights were on the whole time.

I figured the 242 series have more lights on the same system so i am just adding more to a system with only 4 leds to start with

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Neutron - Very cool! Sweet looking boat! No worries about messing up connext. Worse case you overload and blow a fuse.

The connext screen sends a computer signal (N2K proprietary single frame non-addressed) to the gateway under the rear starboard seat which intreprets the command and actuates the electro mechanical or solid state switches contained within the gateway. The power feeds for the switches are fused so not much to worry about there. Do not however just put in a bigger fuse if you are blowing them. In that case use a relay to supply more power like you would on a jeep for off road lights.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron - Very cool! Sweet looking boat! No worries about messing up connext. Worse case you overload and blow a fuse.

The connext screen sends a computer signal (N2K proprietary single frame non-addressed) to the gateway under the rear starboard seat which intreprets the command and actuates the electro mechanical or solid state switches contained within the gateway. The power feeds for the switches are fused so not much to worry about there. Do not however just put in a bigger fuse if you are blowing them. In that case use a relay to supply more power like you would on a jeep for off road lights.
Thanks for the info. Being an automotive tech i know very well about not just using a larger capacity fuse to try and correct a blowing fuse problem. I see customers try it and all it does is waste more fuses....

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice setup.

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron What lights are those on your swimdeck? I like it a lot and want to replicate it. Can yo u give a link or model thanks.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron What lights are those on your swimdeck? I like it a lot and want to replicate it. Can yo u give a link or model thanks.
I will check when i get home. Pretty sure it was ebay. But i will make sure.
I got some from a different seller and I didn't like the shade of blue so I reordered another kind. the ones you see in the picture are the correct ones that I liked

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length