• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fire

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
image.jpg As viewed from my back deck in Oceanside California, looking onto the Camp Pendleton Marine Base

image.jpg image.jpg

Wow, thats scary! We will be there in 3 weeks!

Stay safe and be prepared to evacuate. Heard thousands have already had to do so.

Man, I do miss Oceanside!

They evacuated LegoLand! Thats just off the FO's side on departure from CLD (KCRQ)! ... I remember flying into CLD a few years ago during another fire at night and as we came through the smoke could see great lines of fire burning everywhere, houses on fire.. very bad stuff........

Had to turn the bleeds off cause the cabin was getting smokey....

Hopefully the fires will be put out soon, damage will be minimal and no one gets hurt.....

Last edited:
Oh wow good luck to everyone out there and stay safe.

@lashburn1, I hope the fire stays clear of your neighborhood. The pics brings back some memories.

A wild fire got too close to one of my coworkers homes a few years ago. He spoke to our manager about it and our manager let us know that if we wanted we could help my coworker move his belongings instead of come in to work that day. A bunch of us were happy to do just that and were pleasantly surprised that we still got paid for the day and it wasn't counted as a pto day. My coworkers home was sparred but he really put the time he thought he had left to good use. First he found temporary shelter for his family and pets, then he made and prioritized a list of what to take out of the house, rented a uhaul and had us help him fill it. At least if he lost his house he wouldn't have lost everything in it.

Been watching on TV....the wind is insane. I hope it dies down today, the heat won't relent.

Seems that a big fire breaks out before I go to the river every year.

Hope the fire stears clear of you and is quickly put out @lashburn1

Stay safe! I am glad to hear that one guy was thinking ahead. Many people just don't think it will happen to them.

Wow , what an awesome shot
Yeah they pretty much have the heavy iron on scene now..... Just a break in the wind and some time for these boys to "go low slow and blow" and hopefully these fires will be done....

I got all the smoke and ash at my house now, was gonna go out to Perris tomorrow, see how bad smoke is in the morning, @lashburn1 , if you need a place to escape with the family I have room at my house, don't be shy

That is an amazing photo... People like those fire fighters should be our hero's, not over paid athletes that make millions to play a game, or actors, singers. (Off my soap box now)

Back