• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

First time boat owner new to this site

Trader114

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Hello all. I am in the process of buying a house on candlewood lake in CT and also reserved a 2021 212xd for the spring. I'm looking forward to learning all there is to know about these boats and I am excited to start a new adventure.

I have only driven a few boats before at my in laws lake house in maine and have mainly been a passenger, so I am fairly green.

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome:. There is so much knowlege here, it is unreal! These boats are awesome and you will enjoy! Is the dealer throwing in any extras as a part of the deal? Things like fire extinguishers, mooring covers, anchors, and maybe an extended warranty are not uncommon since the price is pretty much set in stone. Hopefully the dealer wll let you take a pre delivery acceptance run where you can learn a little about the nuances of driving a jetboat. And be prepared to empty the rest of your wallet on mods :happy:

Price was firm.. they didn't leave any room for negotiation at all. They showed me their 21 orders and they are filling up their entire allocation pretty fast. They are throwing in a full coast guard safety check list.. jackets, anchor, fire extinguisher, etc, but that's pretty much it.

Looking forward to this new adventure/lifestyle.

Well, thats about all you can expect. Its definitely a sellers market. Yamaha may have a deal on extended warranties before you take delivery. However, I would not spend the money for an extended warranty!

:Welcome: to the forum. Boat pics! Share many and often.

Thanks Will do with the pictures... I'm sure I'll have a whole lot of questions and all that once I take delivery in the spring. For now, I will be reading all there is to read.

As a recent first time owner/buyer of a boat, welcome! It is life changing in the best ways possible!

Hello all. I am in the process of buying a house on candlewood lake in CT and also reserved a 2021 212xd for the spring. I'm looking forward to learning all there is to know about these boats and I am excited to start a new adventure.
I have only driven a few boats before at my in laws lake house in maine and have mainly been a passenger, so I am fairly green.
:Welcome:
There's lots of info in these forums, and lots to learn, and lots to spend more money on. Since you're not that experienced, I highly recommend you find a trusted family member or friend who is experienced to help you with the basics of launching and retrieving your boat, trailering, and learn the aids to navigation so you can operate safely on the water for the first time. After you get the basics down, you can learn on your own - kinda like learning to drive a car. If you can, take a navigation and safety course over the winter so you're ready for spring. And go download a copy of the owner's manual from Yamaha so you can be familiar with the engine break-in procedure, and general operation and functions of the boat features. I read the manual twice to make sure I knew everything before our new boat got wet.
:D

Just saw this! Boat is getting ready to be put back in the water in a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to spending most of the summer on the lake. We need to have a group meet up. I’m new to the jet boat world and it takes a little getting used to with the wake steering but it’s lots of fun. Being from Louisiana it made the family feel a little closer to home after moving here. Let me know who fro CT wants to get together this summer!

also ordered the cobra jet steering and having it put on so I think it will make a big difference!

I’m down for that. I just got word my boat arrived. We are taking delivery in a few weeks.
Looking forward to our first season on the lake.

I’m down for that. I just got word my boat arrived. We are taking delivery in a few weeks.
Looking forward to our first season on the lake.

lake was great today! Finally some warm weather. Looking even better tomorrow. Your boat come in?

Candlewood is a 1.5 hour drive for me. Just got my boat this past month. Any recommendations on where to launch the boat?

Welcome and congrats on your new boat! Was said above in this thread already but there is a wealth of knowledge from members on this site so dig in and search away cause it's probably been discussed here at least once! And when you can't seem to find it post the question again. I'm sure some of these folks will be glad to help, I know many have helped me with all their posts and discussions these past couple of years.

Hope you enjoy your time on the water as much as my family and I do!

Welcome aboard!

Back