• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flag Mount Mod

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I've used those too. I lost them, and every time I re-order, I get a size smaller than needed for the bimini. The ship's store at my marina carriers them but only with purchase of a pole. After three online orders and getting the wrong size, I gave up and went with the zip ties.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Octavio, I fixed them and uploaded for you.

flag mount 4.jpg flag mount 3.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since the 242 LS doesn't have a way to display your favorite flag, I added one and then another to my boat. Cost was about $50-$55/flag mount (inset mount with flag pole- flag not included). Just remember to use tape when drilling gel coat and always look behind where you plan to drill. I chose inset flag mount so nothing would be sticking up to hurt anyone. I used ss bolt with ss lock washer and ss nut w/nylon to help keep it secure. The one I bought is a 3/4. A friend has a Sea Ray and the flag pole is magnetic to help hold the flag in. I incorporated this by gluing a magnet in the base of the flag holder and another to the bottom of the flag pole.

View attachment 1382 View attachment 1381 View attachment 1379 View attachment 1380 View attachment 1378
Where did you get your setup? Looks great. My flag and pole fell out and into the lake twice last year then disappeared completely! I need a new one but want to do it right like you have.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Uh oh!!! Time for us to engineer another noodle mod!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does anyone know the diameter of the 242 tower? @octavio3311 Do you know if that flag mount will fit my tower?

I like that setup alot.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It'll fit your tower. I may be wrong, but I thought the diameter of your 242 and my 212 are the same. It really doesn't matter - they provide the rubber diameter rings to fit any tower. I used the extra unused rings to wrap the 3/4" flag pole.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ok cool thanks man!

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where did you get your setup? Looks great. My flag and pole fell out and into the lake twice last year then disappeared completely! I need a new one but want to do it right like you have.
To be honest I googled 3/4" inset flag mount and shopped for cheapest. I think I bought the flag mount from iboat.com and the flag poles w/clips from ebay/overtons (they sell on ebay). One thing I didn't mention is use the nylon flags. They are lighter and don't have as much drag as the heavy duty quality ones. I had a really good quality US flag and it would pop out at higher speeds. I switched before I lost a $25 flag pole.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other than the magnets (which is a great idea), what exactly holds the pole in the socket? is there a little o-ring or something? Thanks!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other than the magnets (which is a great idea), what exactly holds the pole in the socket? is there a little o-ring or something? Thanks!
I drilled and tapped them for a tightening knob. You can see 1 knob in the pic above. They've been tested at 60+ mph (on the highway) and they don't budge.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good to know, thanks!! Sorry I didn't specify, but in my case I'm thinking about the flush mounted system at the stern of the boat, any ideas there? Any help is much appreciated!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pics guys. Thanks for posting, I might have to add a flag mount to the list now too.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
my boat is not near me at the moment, but if yours is. Measure the outside (circumference) of the tower tube, preferably in a place where the tube is straight we will call it C

Take the number C, and pi which is 3.14.

divide C by 3.14 and it will give you the diameter of the tower tube. remember to move your decimals accordingly for Cm. or In. Hope this helps.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Probably should use pi equal to 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286
To be a bit more precise!!

Yep, I was a Math major...

PreciousMetals

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if you can get this type of clamp for an antennae? I have seen some that will mount around a 1" bar, but nothing bigger than that.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The fit is a little snug at about an inch & half depth and while under way, the drag of the flags, holds the flags in place. I have run these for 2 seasons with no issues. I did have a better quality US flag (heavier material) which popped out once and I switched to the nylon flags- with no issue.