• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foil Boarding - Loyal to the Foil

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had my best success yesterday. Getting slack rope for a little bit. I really need the longer mast. The pump technique is next.

brddog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@giroux68 looking good! What length rope are you using?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD here is a clip of my daughter's start up.
. She then plants her front foot to stand.
Very interesting, kind of kneeboard/ZUP style. It could be a challenge for lightweights to start off wakesurf style, they just might not have the power to press their heels down to get the board perpendicular to their feet.

I saw this video a while back and thought her technique was good also. She holds the board up against her feet with one hand until the boat begins to pull. No doubt, any method of getting up on these is a challenge at first.

Had my best success yesterday. Getting slack rope for a little bit. I really need the longer mast. The pump technique is next.
Nice work! Let me know when you're ready for the Infinity 76 wing. 🤙

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not being able to hold the board against her feet is why she started that way. Now she won't try it heels down. But what ever gets them on the water is fine by me.

@brddog it exactly sure how long. But it puts you right on the wake. I just measured it, 21ft.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not being able to hold the board against her feet is why she started that way. Now she won't try it heels down. But what ever gets them on the water is fine by me.
I forgot to attach the video I mentioned... here it is:

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll show her that clip and see where it goes. Thanks.

ShellB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Foiling looks awesome! I have to learn to surf first!!! This looks like so much fun! I am a total newbie and am sooooo excited!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Foiling looks awesome! I have to learn to surf first!!! This looks like so much fun! I am a total newbie and am sooooo excited!
Hi @ShellB, foiling is so awesome! The great news is, the Slingshot foil board doubles as a wakesurf board. 2 for 1 BONUS!

Have you picked up that new to you boat yet? When you're ready for any new boards, wakesurf, foil, wakeboard or otherwise I'll shoot you some discount codes or build you out a package.

We just brought in a ton of new suff from O'Brien.

www.transomwatersports.com

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s an idea. Seems solid. Breaking it in today.
How did your "test flight" go? Did you get some good video to add to the wipeout reel?

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Day 1, and day 2 yesterday went well. Getting up isn’t the problem anymore, just staying up for more than 30-60 sec. it’s a blast. Looking forward to a few more days and I’m sure I’ll get it down.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back foot just in front of the mast made the difference for me. I started out with it on the rear foam lip.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After the lake being closed due to high water for the last 5 weeks, and really crappy weather I was finally able to get the boat out. In the process I broke my big toe and my boat lift motor quit working. SO, I spent the rest of the weekend nursing my toe and working on the boatlift/ dock. Last weekend the weather ended up being pretty shitty, 65 and windy. I did however brave the cold water and my tender toe to finally ride the infinity 84 for the first time. This thing has a ton of lift. I have it setup completely different then my other wings so i'm still adjusting.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Forgot to mention you will have to excuse the video quality. My distracted daughter was shooting it with my work phone.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After the lake being closed due to high water for the last 5 weeks, and really crappy weather I was finally able to get the boat out. In the process I broke my big toe and my boat lift motor quit working. SO, I spent the rest of the weekend nursing my toe and working on the boatlift/ dock. Last weekend the weather ended up being pretty shitty, 65 and windy. I did however brave the cold water and my tender toe to finally ride the infinity 84 for the first time. This thing has a ton of lift. I have it setup completely different then my other wings so i'm still adjusting.
Killing it! You made it look easy... I don't have the 76 wing, but your making me want it. Glad you're getting out there.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are there weight limits for the foil - i'm 270. (that's dry weight in case anyone wondered) :winkingthumbsup"

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there weight limits for the foil - i'm 270. (that's dry weight in case anyone wondered) :winkingthumbsup"
"Dry weight" lol! No real limits, although it would play into choice of wing or speed required to make the wing fly. Let me know if you are serious about looking and I can make some recommendations and hook you up with a discount. 🤙

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length