• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foil Boarding - Loyal to the Foil

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD I want to see you do a dock start like this guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oddlysatisfying/comments/cose1n
Watch for the hilariously ironic ending.
😂 I'm a one pump and done kinda guy... Foils. I'm taking about foils...

That just looks all kinds of painful. I've been decommissioned the past couple weeks due to back and sciatic pain. I think its a flare up after I strained it in January. I think there's a couple of guys here now that probably could do it.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can make it out there again. I've stared attempting to surf training with the Gamma 68 wing. Not very successfully yet, but that's my goal to finish out the session.

Last edited:

Throttlesteer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally got rid of the rope pullng behind my 220 Exciter. I got the 84 Infinity to get more lift but the rear 48mm stabilizer wing was getting upset so I went back to the original green wakefoil stabilizer and it was was more stabile near the jet wash energy. I try to stay in the bubbles coming off the bow at 9 mph. Trying to get better so I can go faster.

I’m in Boise. If your in Utah we should get together, I would love to compare notes.

http://instagr.am/p/B1Cup4eAXqf/

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally got rid of the rope pullng behind my 220 Exciter. I got the 84 Infinity to get more lift but the rear 48mm stabilizer wing was getting upset so I went back to the original green wakefoil stabilizer and it was was more stabile near the jet wash energy. I try to stay in the bubbles coming off the bow at 9 mph. Trying to get better so I can go faster.

I’m in Boise. If your in Utah we should get together, I would love to compare notes.
Are you surfing that wave, on a foil, with no ballast?

That might be the kind of surfing I could get into!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

http://instagr.am/p/B1Cup4eAXqf/
@Throttlesteer, I've been meaning to reply to this since you posted. That's pretty incredible your ankle to surf your Exciter wake! That 84cm wing seems to do the trick on it. I also just saw your FB post of you riding behind an AR210.

I am in Utah, Utah county area. From what I'm seeing, you're the one with all of the notes to share. 🤙 From the looks of it I'd say your riding on the 18" mast. I'm wondering how you're rude might improve with the 24" or the new 28" mast? In my experience the 18" gives very little room for error and allows for very little movement. The 24" is much more forgiving and will really allow you the freedom to pump that wing. But you're killing it!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Slingshot just released this excellent tutorial on learning to foil. Probably some of the best step-by-step instruction I've seen.

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered the Moses 873 wing for my Slingshot Ghost Whisper foil. Pretty similar wing to the Infinity 84cm. Looking forward to trying to surf behind my AR240 with no wake enhancement! :D My 633 wing, while great for kite foiling, just won't go slow enough to surf at 11 mph.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just made the update! 2020 Slingshot Hover Glide FSurf package.
20200520_223018-01.jpeg
  • New WF-1 Foil/Wakesurf board (twin FCSII snap in fins included)
  • 71cm (28in.) Mast
  • Infinity 76cm Wing
  • 42cm rear stabilizer wing
  • FSurf travel case
20200520_212021-02.jpeg
20200520_212137-01.jpeg20200520_212620-01.jpeg
I've been lusting after the new WF-1 foil board since it debuted. It's shape seemed similar to the Slingshot Cobra Cat, which to date is my favorite surf style wakesurfer. Today I got to compare the 2 side-by-side and on Monday I'm hoping to get the ride-by-ride comparison.
20200520_211613-01.jpeg 20200520_211528-01.jpeg
There are differences. The WF-1 is 2" shorter, wider, heavier, 2 vs 3 fins, shallower rocker, and has significantly more volume. The bottom of the board is flatter, but still maintains a dual concave hull the foil mount track. The rails on the Cobra Cat are a "dual cupped" while the WF-1 are beveled. Stoked to feel the difference. Here are the stats:
Screenshot_20200520-234616_Chrome.jpg
2020_WF-1_chart (1).jpg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How are you all storing these on the boat? Or are you assembling/disassembling every time? The foil assembly is pretty heavy so I’m curious how the board fares in a board rack if you’re bouncing over chop?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've always kept mine assembled upside down in the top surf rack. I wrap the fork the mast butts up against with a rag and use an extra bungee from the front fork around the mast and back to the same fork (as drawn). So far the board has fared really well.

However, my sister is a seamstress for a upholstery shop and I am thinking of having her make some custom board socks for these foils.
20200513_163212.jpg
I've not tried this yet with the longer 71cm mast and larger wing.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've always kept mine assembled upside down in the top surf rack. I wrap the fork the mast butts up against with a rag and use an extra bungee from the front fork around the mast and back to the same fork (as drawn). So far the board has fared really well.

However, my sister is a seamstress for a upholstery shop and I am thinking of having her make some custom board socks for these foils.
View attachment 120531
I've not tried this yet with the longer 71cm mast and larger wing.
Thanks. That looks like it fits well. You can go cruising speed (30+) like that? Does that board have the soft foam top?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. That looks like it fits well. You can go cruising speed (30+) like that? Does that board have the soft foam top?
Yes. I drive to the lake with it in the rack like that. With the rack folded in of course. It is the partial soft top (3/4).

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy explitive batman! Guess the foot straps are a good idea.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy explitive batman! Guess the foot straps are a good idea.
I think it's also on a very lightweight all carbon fiber setup too. Imagine if that thing came flipping off his feet towards the boat... 😱 It the passengers in the boat that need the helmets. 🤕

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a chance to ride a hover glide2. And damn if its not so much better than mine. Total wing envy! Can I get that wi g and stick it on my mast? I think this guys mast was taller too.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a chance to ride a hover glide2. And damn if its not so much better than mine. Total wing envy! Can I get that wi g and stick it on my mast? I think this guys mast was taller too.
Yes, it should be compatible with your mast an fuselage. The mast on the V2 is 24" in the FWake and 28" on the FSurf. Do you know which you were on?

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No. It said h2 and 71 on it. Carbo. Fiber, black and orange. Helpful i know.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No. It said h2 and 71 on it. Carbo. Fiber, black and orange. Helpful i know.
So the naming system for the Slingshot wings changed in 2019. At the same time they changed color from blue to black and orange and introduced a few new wings. Your setup, if I recall correctly, would have been the original Hover Glide H5 (57cm) wing. It is now known as the Time Code 57 wing. The wing known as the H2 is a 68cm wing that changed names and is now known as the Gamma 68. The wings that were introduced in 2019 were the Infinity 76, Infinity 84, and the Infinity 99. The Time Code 57 and the Gamma 68 are both considered "wake wings" while the larger Infinity 76, 84, and 99 are considered Surf/SUP wings. Although, once upon a time (pre-2019) the Gamma 68 (H2) was the surf wing.

If you were riding on a long line wake style vs surfing you were likely on the Gamma 68 (H2) wing. The 71 you saw is likely the 71cm (28") mast. What is interesting is the longer mast is usually packaged with the Infinity 76 surf wing, but it can all be pieced together separately. If you were surfing it, it was likely the Infinity 76 wing.

If your interested in what it would take to upgrade your mast and wing I can message you a quote. You should have all the hardware from your current setup.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So many options...I'll have to find the guy again and get the specifics. All i know, it was unbelievably easy to ride and I really want one! But I'll find out. Break Out Another Thousand.