• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Forum's

@bronze_10 this thread will explain a lot https://jetboaters.net/threads/why-a-new-forum-my-explanation-others-will-add-their-stories.486/ .

The short version is that YJB was started by an original founder for good reasons and did a lot of good then was perverted for financial gain. It was reborn by Brian and others who supported him for good reasons and it continued to do good but eventually greed and financial failure turned it into what it is today. It has been many years since Brian's boat has seen water. He tries to run the forum as a business. But even at its peak it was not capable of producing a living wage for an operator.

In February of 2014 a group of approximately 30 of us embarked on the creation of a new forum that would be run in the best interest of our community. We assembled a management committee of widely varied JetBoaters who are sucessful in their personal and business lives to ensure that no tyrant would be able to take over. Within the first six months we surpassed the level of traffic that YJB had achieved in over a decade. Running the forum is an enjoyable hobby for us. The operating costs are very low. We rarely have to do anything that would be considered work. We enjoy the forum and are glad that everyone else does.
Ahhh.. that explains it... well I am tickled pink to be here. I am a new boater and had many questions which were Nswered immediately each time... who needs any other site? JETBOATERS.NET FOR PRESIDENT!

That site served it's purpose and brought most if us together, then when it was on the decline this site was formed. I was never so glad when I was here on launch day!!!

When I was interested in my fist boat, a Yamaha, a few years ago, Google brought me to the other website. I spent hours reading about the quirks and how to work on them. By the time I test drove my first boat, I knew way more about Yamahas than the owner. During my inspection of the boat (which I didn't buy) I removed the plugs and they didn't get fully re-seated. We had a partial plug blowout on the test drive and I was the one who caught it before the engine compartment flooded too badly!

I contributed in the past to the other forum because of the wealth of resources that it brought to me. I have little idea of the politics involved in the spin-off, but I must say, this forum definitely seems have taken the community to the next level.

Earlier this summer, when I was out on a lake up in Northern Wisconsin and my boat blew a fuse, people on this forum responded within minutes to help diagnose the problem. That is part of the awesomeness of owning a Yamaha...

I would be more than willing to be a regular financial contributor to this forum if resources were ever needed. After reading this thread I just want to say that I appreciate those who spend their time and money to keep it going!

Thanks!

Eric

strategic.......... or tactical ?
Strategically tactical....ooh, that sounds impressive, I like that.

OK, I'm going to have to go undercover and investigate. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that some knucklehead is out there wiping down his boat with furniture polish from Dollar General! :eek:

Either that, or I need to find out what brand! :D

:cool:

Our strategy is to focus on supporting the needs of the jet boat community in any way we can! We listen to feedback and change as quickly as we can! The focus/emphasis on WE. It is a hobby for all of us....

• We heard people wanted a cool logo... @Williamsone46 helped us there
  • We heard people wanted stickers... @Murf'n'surf stepped up
  • We heard people wanted koozies.... @justason jumped in there
  • Tire Covers... @Bruce
  • Lots more I'll probably regret not listing!!!!
  • Forum features.....everyone has had great ideas, and within the bounds of Xenforo (the package we bought run the forum) we have delivered what we can

Keep the ideas coming!

We'll have a new version of Xenforo coming soon....and will have to see what options it offers. We recently expanded the user groups ....

Who knows what will be next...BRING IT ON!

Our strategy is to focus on supporting the needs of the jet boat community in any way we can! We listen to feedback and change as quickly as we can! The focus/emphasis on WE. It is a hobby for all of us....

• Tire Covers... @Bruce
  • Forum features.....everyone has had great ideas, and within the bounds of Xenforo (the package we bought run the forum) we have delivered what we can

Keep the ideas coming!

We'll have a new version of Xenforo coming soon....and will have to see what options it offers. We recently expanded the user groups ....

Don't forget @txav8r giving some of us (foot)balls!

And flags. And huge gatherings. And ocean crossing experiences. And friends. And a very efficient money disposal plan.

• Tire Covers... @Bruce

Keep the ideas coming!

I think I asked this before and was told it wasn't an option at the time but I'll ask again....
I think it'd be nice to have all the photos that you post be viewable from a link in your profile, or maybe in a folder in the Media section something like that.
Kinda like when you post a photo on FaceBook it automatically goes into "mobile uploads" folder or whatever it is.

I think it'd be nice to have all the photos that you post be viewable from a link in your profile, or maybe in a folder in the Media section something like that

Photos that you have posted into a media gallery are available when you post. You access them by clicking the black camera icon when posting. For example

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 2.22.27 PM.png

This is not quite what you are asking for but similar.

Photos that you have posted into a media gallery are available when you post. You access them by clicking the black camera icon when posting. For example

View attachment 28064

This is not quite what you are asking for but similar.

Huh! Learned something new today.............beer time

Well I suppose I was lucky because when I was searching for information online I found this site first. After searching other places for good people and "proper knowledge" on what I was seeking I was floored. Hands down, by FAR this is the best place. I extend a HUGE thank you for any and all of whom contributed to creating jetboaters.net and for welcoming me in which way that EVERYONE here has. You "guys" ( @bobbie ) rock and are the best. I know now when I find my boat and bring her home I will have a home. To anyone lurking and reading this, you need to sign up and hang out so as you won't miss all the fun

I think I asked this before and was told it wasn't an option at the time but I'll ask again....
I think it'd be nice to have all the photos that you post be viewable from a link in your profile, or maybe in a folder in the Media section something like that.
Kinda like when you post a photo on FaceBook it automatically goes into "mobile uploads" folder or whatever it is.

Bruce is right on....if you only upload you photos to the media album and then link them in your posts you would achieve this end. At this time there is no way for us to pull your posted images into a profile album, but it is a great idea. I'll do some searching of Xenforo and see if this has either been asked for, or if an add on exists.

Meh, I found the other site first and since (to a newbie like me reading mostly YOUR old posts) it seemed good it cost me $20.

And then I found this site and it's cost me SERIOUS $$$$!

(And I thank you all.)

I posted a direct link to the review (YouTube link only) last night around 9pm on the '16 with a comment on the pricing. It posted immediately but it's been deleted now. I'm not banned but not going back. My intent was to share information in a thread commenting on the lack of info on the 2016s.

I posted a direct link to the review (YouTube link only) last night around 9pm on the '16 with a comment on the pricing. It posted immediately but it's been deleted now. I'm not banned but not going back. My intent was to share information in a thread commenting on the lack of info on the 2016s.
Yep. It's like North Korea over there!

That's just ridiculous, I feel bad for all the people over there...they just don't know what info they are missing:-/

Back