• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Found this in the boat, what is it?

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As I understand it, the brackets are for transporting the E-series tower, in the lowered position. Like when Yamaha ships them to dealers.
I did not ask for, nor have, the brackets but if I found a need, I'd ask the dealer where I bought mine to see if they would give it to me.

Since the boats are shipped with the white covers on, and tower lowered, they must be compatible.

I'd also be interested in pictures of those brackets, in use.

@Julian , you had pics of your boat on the tracker trailer. Did any of them capture the brackets in use?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have put mine down by just loosening the upper hand knobs and pulling the pins....its heavy and stays down. hope it helps!

afdouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So after talking with my local dealer, I have been told that these do not usually accompany the boats. However, they are going to look into trying to save me a pair when the 2018's roll in, and will determine the "cost" later. Anyone lucky enough to have these accompany their boat that is willing to sell them to me?

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok this is very interesting. I have a 212 Limited S. I originally was looking for a non-tower 212 because of where I park my boat, but happily couldn't find one. The towers are a must, it's no wonder they're so popular. But I still needed to figure out how to get the tower even lower than the cables allow so it will fit under my carport. I also would rather tow with the tower folded down, and ideally I'd REALLY like to have the tower fit under the cover when towing.

I think it's possible, I just haven't gotten a chance to try my idea. My idea was to remove the cables and make solid "struts" to put in where the pins go. That way I could get the tower to go down even lower, possibly below the level of the windshield. So then I see this thread, and dammit! Yamaha already had my idea! So I find it interesting that they say to not tow with it down, but they ship them that way. I totally understand the physics of why it would not be "ideal" to have the tower folded when going over bumps and rough roads, it would put a larger load on the rear mount position. I was thinking about some sort of support at the front of the tower to help take some of that load off, that shouldn't be too hard to come up with.

Anyway, I'll take pictures and let you guys know what I come up with on getting the towers to fold lower and be safe to tow in the down position. I think it's totally possible and shouldn't be a problem. If I can get the tower to fit under the mooring cover I'll be SUPER happy! And if the "struts" I make to do it aren't that time consuming to make, I'll pass them along too. Heck, maybe I'll over-engineer them by building in some sort of shock absorption or cushion instead of just making them solid aluminum or steel. haha. Seriously though, that would lessen the stress on the rear of the tower mount if the tower could "bounce" just an inch or two at the front when the trailer hits a big bump. Wheels are turning in my head, I just have to get the time to implement the ideas!