• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Garage Storage - Tubes, etc.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After perusing through page after page on the forum looking for and finding none of any mention and picture dealing with this subject I have resigned to start a new thread. Let me start by saying that my garage hasn't always looked the way it does now. It used to be organized and neat but with boat stuff, furniture I'm trying to sell from my mother's estate, and toys/bikes/STUFF for my busy son it has become a mess where I can't find anything and hate to go looking. I'm pretty sure there are creatures in there amongst the stuff simply because it probably is a good refuge.

My first plan of attack is to get the 3 towable tubes stored and I would like them off the ground where they can dry out (I spray them down after each use). I also want to store the knee board, wake skate, wake board, and fishing rods. If any of you have any pics of how you were able to accomplish this I would be most grateful.

My tubes stay stuffed in the boat all season. At the end of the season, I inflate them, clean them, and dry them - then just fold up and put on a shelf. Wake/Knee boards are on a bungee cord against a shelf.

I built a loft in my garage. It helped a ton with items like skis and wakeboards. Also have dog crates and 4 wheeler ramps and cornhole boards and some other stuff up there as well. Here is a picture when I first built it (old boat in pic.) My garage is a bit weird and I couldn't go very low due to some breaker panels and a door so I went wide and deep. Works really well.

Attachments

• Loft.jpg
    Loft.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 92
I built a loft in my garage. It helped a ton with items like skis and wakeboards. Also have dog crates and 4 wheeler ramps and cornhole boards and some other stuff up there as well. Here is a picture when I first built it (old boat in pic.) My garage is a bit weird and I couldn't go very low due to some breaker panels and a door so I went wide and deep. Works really well.

Nice. I need to do something like that.

I will have something to in the near future.
I am trying to remedy this situation....

Attachments

• 781E0748-B9FA-4DFE-8430-7B68B2D7D414.jpeg
    781E0748-B9FA-4DFE-8430-7B68B2D7D414.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
I built hanging “shelves” out of unistrut and some pallet racking expanded steel, it allows air flow top and underneath, it was fairly cheap, and I could likely park a small car on it and it would hold. You can make it as tight to the ceiling as you want, and I can still park my pickup underneath it. They also sell similar kits for very cheap at the big box stores, not as strong but for your needs very economical.

Thats not a bad idea. I got tired of staring at my empty trailer in the driveway all summer. My luck the joists would rip out if I tried to hoist the boat trailer up, lol.

Thats not a bad idea. I got tired of staring at my empty trailer in the driveway all summer. My luck the joists would rip out if I tried to hoist the boat trailer up, lol.

You’d be surprised how strong those rafters can be. I’ve seen guys do exactly that with their boat trailers lol.

Huh !!! Maybe I should try with the jetski on the trailer LOL

I bought a saferack.com via Costco.
Just installed a month ago so not very efficiently used yet. But it's great for hanging things on to dry out. I can easily access directly from the boat when stowing or preparing to go out.

Attachments

• 2B9224DC-8BB2-4722-A97F-3177A720FEF6.jpeg
    2B9224DC-8BB2-4722-A97F-3177A720FEF6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
I'm hoping to build a loft in the garage this winter. Most likely with Unistrut and metal grating as well. Mine will be over the garage door on the boat side. YOu can see how much space I have up there for "stuff", and I'm hoping to use it as a drying rack during the summer months instead of laying stuff over the boat trailer and hanging off the sides and such.

SoundBar.jpg

I'm hoping to build a loft in the garage this winter. Most likely with Unistrut and metal grating as well. Mine will be over the garage door on the boat side. YOu can see how much space I have up there for "stuff", and I'm hoping to use it as a drying rack during the summer months instead of laying stuff over the boat trailer and hanging off the sides and such.
What is the corded thing on your wake tower? Also what is the fan for? For drying?

What is the corded thing on your wake tower? Also what is the fan for? For drying?
Corded thing is my Sound Bar. That picture was taken mid-installation while I was trying to figure out how/where I wanted it mounted. The cord will eventually be run within the tower to clean up that install. Currently it's just zip-tied inplace out of the way to get through the season. have to drill a hole in the hull under the tower mount for it to run through to finish that up.

Fan was up there while I was working because it was about 175 degrees in the garage that day :D

Back