• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garmin 70S Merry Christmas!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you wrapping it or installing it?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
At my age, wrapping takes too long! I will install it. But I still have stereo stuff to run and finish, the Garmin, and I will need to install a switch/fuse panel too. I still have to find that on sale. I can install all without it, but moving after and installing without it is just harder. So I will see about adding the panel first. I am super excited about that unit, and the price I got it for! I looked hard at the raymarine, and when I saw a unit loaded with the charts I needed, with a transducer included, and a 7" touchscreen...I jumped on it, at that price!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Curious to see your install, my dragonfly will be sitting in the closet with the rest of mods for another 4 months or so... Dumb questions what's the advantages of fuse panel?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Makes adding electrical extras so much easier. My fuse panel has GPS, Perfect Pass, LED lights and an extra 12V Accessory plug. Installing all of those was a breeze since I had the 4gang switch to connect them to.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A switch/fuse panel and a simple ground bus mounted at the helm make adding anything a breeze. Also make making changes a breeze. And for things you add that don't have a fuse included or a separate switch, it adds one.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not many guys, including me, need that many switches however, @Bruce , but expansion room is a plus! Nice job!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Bruce ... Ejection button! Now your talking! Need one for the water cannon!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not many guys, including me, need that many switches however, @Bruce , but expansion room is a plus! Nice job!
The crazy thing is that I used 6 or 7 of the switches installing stuff last spring.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I get that @Bruce . And I agree, you never realize all the expansion you will do. But, I have had a yamaha as have you. You went I into this boat, knowing you wanted to add upgrades. I entered into this one not intending to add more than I added to the other one...but you and I both know...we learn new ways to do things we never even considered...right here on Jetboaters.net!!! All good reason to add a switch panel.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea, I bought the 230 with the plan of upgrading it with the features we wanted instead of buying a 242. I was really happy with that decision until the 2015 242 came out. Depending on how they handle rough water I may be upgrading again in a few years. Whenever we upgrade it will have to have full boat SeaDek / HydroTurf, a fridge, trim tabs, VHF, chart plotter, second bilge pump low, low voltage disconnect, etc which will make another switch panel with its own power wiring necessary.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Tell me about this low voltage disconnect.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here you go. https://www.bluesea.com/products/7635/m-LVD_Low_Voltage_Disconnect

Senses low battery voltage and automatically disconnects devices to save power for starting or to preserve battery life
A dead battery is one of the most common reasons for a tow. Don't get stranded with a dead battery. The m-LVD senses low battery voltage and automatically disconnects non-essential devices to save power for starting or to preserve battery life. The m-LVD is ideal for any single battery boat or vehicle that wants to avoid getting stranded with a dead battery.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have it connected to my house circuits.