• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

GoPro Help!

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I purchased a new GoPro Hero 3+. I started doing some video shots to test out the features. I video taped in 1080 at 60fps. Loaded everything onto computer and every single video glitches badly. Do I not have the proper settings?

So I purchased a new GoPro Hero 3+. I started doing some video shots to test out the features. I video taped in 1080 at 60fps. Loaded everything onto computer and every single video glitches badly. Do I not have the proper settings?
Update: When I play the footage back using the LCD screen attached, the video plays back fine. Only when I view it on the computer...

I don't know a lot about the internals of computers but I would imagine it could have something to do with your processor speed or video card. What type of computer are you working on? Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in...

I don't know a lot about the internals of computers but I would imagine it could have something to do with your processor speed or video card. What type of computer are you working on? Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in...
X2, sounds like it could be a slow computer... video/video editing takes some horsepower...

Switched computers and that took care of the problem.. Thanks again for the responses...

;)

I have an older (2 to 3 years) asus integrated PC on windows 8, previously 7, that processes fine but I was able to increase the speed and decrease the problems by reinstalling the operating system on my PC. It processes video and everything else so much faster and less buggy on a fresh os install. Just something to think about before buyin a new PC instead.

1080p 60fps is about double normal playback speed, so a speedy computer is necessary to watch it in it's native compressed format.

If you edit the video, which also takes some horsepower... You can use that 60 fps to create spots 1/2 speed slo mo video, but you'll want to re-encode at 30fps.

If you never have any intention of doing slo mo segments, or editing your video, you are better off recording at 1080p 30fps or 720p 60fps.

Back