• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GoPro Mount

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What are some popular ways to mount a GoPro? I saw one person made their on mount that followed the rope. That looked awesome. But with the wide view of a GoPro, is it necessary? Show some pics of your GoPro mounts!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've got several mounts. I use the Jaws, suction cup, and pole. Trying to find a pic of the Jaws on my AR210 tower.

1425844090145.jpg

1425844125341.jpg

20150207_125518.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I saw one mount on here that a guy made himself, out of PVC or something. Looked awesome and very effective. It mounted to the tow point and allowed the rope through to still be tied. Even had an arm with a pin to following the rope.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't have it yet, but I am going to pick this suction cup mount.
http://www.brlshawaii.com

I have seen a few pretty good reviews and they are getting ready to release a float that attaches to it :) Should make for lots of cool shots from surf and kneeboard :)

I plan to buy a pole (not sure which and there are SO many). I will probably buy and extendable one and this "buoy" one
http://www.amazon.com/POV-Dive-Buoy-suitable-GoPro/dp/B00H790VSS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1426017348&sr=1-1&keywords=sp+gadgets+buoy

Smatree has a package on Amazon that has Chesty, head strap , wrist strap and clip.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R4J33TA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ZXVMRRYAS66K&coliid=I8LG24AQ019TF&psc=1

All of that should serve me well :)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's an awesome wakeboard rope GoPro mount. There's outstanding footage on the website. It's still in production, hopefully it will be out soon. http://www.zenxteninc.com/wake.asp
image.jpg

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a Go Pro at Christmas for the family... with boating and water sports in mind, but it has been great on the ski hill too...

thanks for Sharing you guys.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One cheap alternative I have seen and will use for my boat this year: Take a standard adhesive gopro helmet mount from your grab bag of Go Pro mounts. stick it to some sort of industrial strength clip like you can buy at Home Depot for a couple bucks, and clip that to your bimini top rail looking backwards.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's an awesome wakeboard rope GoPro mount. There's outstanding footage on the website. It's still in production, hopefully it will be out soon. http://www.zenxteninc.com/wake.asp
View attachment 19183
That is bad ass. I just volunteered to be an early adopter and offered to purchase several sizes of stopper as well. I hope they respond positively. If they accept I get a production model for free/no additional cost once it is released.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gopro mounts? Yeah, I've got a few of those. Here is a pic of a few of them. I had a dog mount (chest and back but returned it once I realized I would never use it).

image.jpg

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the roll bar mount that fits great on the tower and is enough to get all but the extreme action. It's also perfect for surfing clips.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is bad ass. I just volunteered to be an early adopter and offered to purchase several sizes of stopper as well. I hope they respond positively. If they accept I get a production model for free/no additional cost once it is released.
@Ronnie i spoke with the developer a few days ago. Check out the contact info on his web site, his phone number is in there. He sounds like a busy guy and is looking for guys like you who can get on the water early in the season to help with development. The more interest he sees, the better chances of him getting to it this season. ;)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We exchanged email yesterday, I'm still waiting to hear if he will sell me one now.
I saw the gopro mount that allows you to put it on fishing pole, gun, bow, etc. $70 plus tax! What?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My, my son's latest gopro mount. It is like the spot was made for it.
image.jpg image.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most importantly is that his new mount features the float on the camera.

My son is -1 camera for not having that... I recommend it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I lost a handheld Gps last year to the river gods, $250 just like that. In addition to the floater I recommend a lanyard as well.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not boating related but I just filmed and slapped this together in less than an hour. Experimented with the extension pole this morning.
https://youtu.be/nfxn9_QO6BE

On related subjects, I just bought a wrist mount for zip lining and what ever.

I also emailed the founder of a company who is about to manufacture a tow rope mount. He will be opening a kickerstarter program on it soon I hope I can get one in time for this boating season.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not boating related but I just filmed and slapped this together in less than an hour. Experimented with the extension pole this morning.
https://youtu.be/nfxn9_QO6BE

On related subjects, I just bought a wrist mount for zip lining and what ever.

I also emailed the founder of a company who is about to manufacture a tow rope mount. He will be opening a kickerstarter program on it soon I hope I can get one in time for this boating season.
Funny you mentioned it again @Ronnie I spoke with him a few weeks ago too and he said that he had "printed a few prototypes" and they worked well in testing. How cool will that be when you can just PayPal a developer a few bucks and print one out at home. ;)

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One cheap alternative I have seen and will use for my boat this year: Take a standard adhesive gopro helmet mount from your grab bag of Go Pro mounts. stick it to some sort of industrial strength clip like you can buy at Home Depot for a couple bucks, and clip that to your bimini top rail looking backwards.
We have clip with adhesive to top of tower. It's been on there stable for years. Here is the view: