• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got my 2019 242x

Travp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

So I finally got my 242x a week ago, was soo excited to have it delivered to me. It’s my first boat purchase, decided to go with the 2019 242x and couldnt be happier. My question to everyone is, the boat came delivered to me filthy, not even washed, inside of the boat had all kinds of dirt piled up absolutely disgusting. I have bought multiple cars in my life, probably 10-15 brand new cars and they were all detailed. My question is do all boats that are brand new come this way as it is my first boat purchase? Also, there was only 15% gas in it which I thought it would come filled up as well. Is that unusual as well? I bought a pair of jet skis as well and they were the same way no gas and dirty.

Thanks for reading if you comment, thank you for Commenting.

Trav

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine was clean as well. Don’t remember the gas level.

Did you buy from a dealer? It’s completely unacceptable that the interior is that dirty. I would get it detailed and send them the bill. Jet skis as well.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat! That's kind of lame to pass off the boat in such poor condition... was it uncovered during transport? As for fuel, I don't remember what mine was delivered with.

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Should have been clean. 15% gas is standard

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This sounds to me like a dealer issue. My boat was delivered to me clean, I won’t say spotless as I did find some dirt here and there in remote corners under storage areas, some manufacturing and fiberglass dust also down in the bilge and under the gas tank cover. It was in their showroom when I arrived on delivery day, and the salesman and I went over it stem to stern. If I thought it was too “dirty” for my liking, I would have let him know at that point. It was delivered with an almost full tank, he explained they generally fill it up all the way with 93 octane before doing a sea trial, which is when they sync up the throttles, check all operation, etc...so when I got my boat it was at 95% full and had .4 hours on it. I’ll also mention my boat was a leftover 2018 from last year, so it was sitting outside under a “boat gazebo” at the end of last season when I first saw it. It was absolutely filthy at that time.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My Yamaha was given to me from my dealer somewhat clean but had grease spots in the vinyl and scuff marks from their shoes. Boat was practically on fumes when given to me.

My new Moomba was a totally different experience. It gets detailed twice at the factory, then got detailed again at the dealer once they installed some things and prepped the boat. They had their shoes off and protective padding on the floors. No fiberglass strands, dust or strings laying in the compartments or spare fasteners. They also filled her up for me (65 gallons worth)! Couldn't be happier with how they delivered compared to my Yamaha.

wTheOnew

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where are you located? Kind of sounds like we had the same dealer. Spent way too much time washing a brand new vehicle. Also have a few scratches from the factory and a cup holder with some extra screws o_O

Other than dealer impressions, great boat.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine was completely cleaned inside and outside and they waxed the boat also. Was butter smooth. 15% gas upon delivery. I think the gas thing is normal but they definitely should have cleaned everything up for you.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The boat should be clean, fuel is up to the dealer an whether or not they want to dump $150 worth of fuel into the boat. Guess it may depend on how much they made on the sale :)

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got mine from Park Marina north of Atlanta - they cleaned it up after the test ride. I think I had around 50% fuel.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Park Marine here as well. Cleaned but not spotless. Good enough for me. Full tank of gas. Did the dealer charge you a prep fee? If so, raise hell!

paragus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
i picked up my 19 242x at a dealer. It came somewhat clean with 40% fuel.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine was spotless and full of fuel. If you paid a setup fee, then spotless and full of fuel is how they should be turned over. Also, every system should have been tested and verified. If you negotiated the setup fee out....then your results will vary.

And congratulations on your new boat (sorry it was dirty!)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I would definitely be calling the dealer and complaining to your salesmen. Totally unacceptable. I'd be pissed, I am pissed for you. I'd think twice before returning there for anything. The lack of gas compliments the condition the boat was received in. Bad...

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah this a poor customer experience on the dealers part. Boat should be detailed before delivery. 1/4 tank of gas or so is pretty standard though in my experience. I'm sure you paid dealer setup and prep fees - part of prep is detailing so if you paid that, I'd be back at the dealer asking them to finish the prep you paid for and detail the boat. Totally unexceptable, take it back and insist on a cleaning.

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
When I picked my 19 boat up a couple of weeks ago it was detailed and clean but they shipped it from another location or another store with the cover off. It came with a 100% full tank of gas but inside some of the compartments as some others mentioned I did find fiberglass pieces and small metal shavings from general assembly of the boat.

brokitansky

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine was delivered spotless with a full tank of gas. 2018 242x. The guy who delivered it even wore shoe covers when he got in to show me some stuff. I would definitely tell them to clean it.

Travp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will try to post pictures of the boat, I did get charge of $500 of Prep fee! They def didnt clean anything to be honest, the mats were still in the plastic, the boat had shoe marks on it, dirt and debris very noticeable by the seats. The boat supposedly covered, i got a cover with the boat which was ripped and taped together. I bought it from a dealer

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
woof. rough. Maybe share what dealer this is so that people are forwarned. Any one purchasing a boat should be taken care of by the dealer, but I think it may be even worse if it basically the top of the line flagship model (we shall not talk about the 27 footer ha).