• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got to love the HOA

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My wife and I just moved into our new home on Monday and had directv installed on Tuesday. First thing Wednesday morning (730 am) I hear a knock on my door, sir you need to move the satellite dish to the back yard. He could of cared less about the 24' red Yamaha sitting in the drive way. I thought I was going to get a complaint on the boat before the dish. Luckily direct tv has excellent customer service.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ugggh, don't even start on HOA, I don't mind having rules and knowing them upfront but mine likes to try to throw out all kinds of possible changes, no more boats, no parking on the street, no trucks over 1/2 ton, they're idiots and don't realize the toll it takes on the community or at least the people they want to change, and then they wonder why nobody wants to volunteer or the turnover is great,

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ugggh, don't even start on HOA, I don't mind having rules and knowing them upfront but mine likes to try to throw out all kinds of possible changes, no more boats, no parking on the street, no trucks over 1/2 ton, they're idiots and don't realize the toll it takes on the community or at least the people they want to change, and then they wonder why nobody wants to volunteer or the turnover is great,
The very reason I refused to purchase a home in a neighborhood with an HOA!!!

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used to get letters everytime I parked the boat in the driveway. I didn;t care and would let them send the letters. About 2 years ago, one of the board members bought a boat, now it is OK to park your boat in the driveway for a weekend due to a rules change. Convenient...

Kind of like the No Commercial vehicles in the driveway rule. One of their buddies in the neighborhood, has his business pickup in the driveway, so they changes the rule that commercial pickups are OK.

It's good to be the King. I stay out of the crap and don;t let it get to me. Reminds me of high school games... I like and understand wanting to keep the neighborhood nice but some of it is stupid. :banghead:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to get letters everytime I parked the boat in the driveway. I didn;t care and would let them send the letters. About 2 years ago, one of the board members bought a boat, now it is OK to park your boat in the driveway for a weekend due to a rules change. Convenient...

Kind of like the No Commercial vehicles in the driveway rule. One of their buddies in the neighborhood, has his business pickup in the driveway, so they changes the rule that commercial pickups are OK.

It's good to be the King. I stay out of the crap and don;t let it get to me. Reminds me of high school games... I like and understand wanting to keep the neighborhood nice but some of it is stupid. :banghead:
AMEN!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I loved reading the exchange about an HOA that was harassing a home owner about parking his boat in the driveway. So he parked it in the street (city street) instead! The city had no prohibitions on street parking a boat....so the HOA ended up with pissed off residents due to the boat blocking the street....priceless!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I personally distain most HOA's and the arbitrary rules they impose, but I do see the need for some kind of structure....so I became president of ours....you see, when we first moved in we had some biotch who spewed Robert's Rules of Order at every opportunity and they didn't like my boat. So I cut a big hole in the back of my garage and put the boat inside. But that wasn't convenient for us and I eventually put it in storage by the river.

Then they complained about our flowers...yeah, flowers. I told them they could shove it and I'd see them in court. All of a sudden they liked our flowers....from that point on I decided I wouldn't fight them, but join them. I became Secretary...then Vice President, and now I'm President. Mostly because nobody else wants the job.

I declared that there would be minimal interference in anyone's life. No fines, no warning letters no nonsense. If they want to vote on things that's fine. If they want to impose rules, there better be a darn good reason. Last week I had a woman approach me about one of the owners who was selling his place and she wanted him to do this and that before he sold, etc. I told her, "If you want to confront him over something so trivial, be my guest. But I'm not saying a word to him other than "Good Luck with your sale." He's in escrow, got a good price, reflects nicely on the comps for the neighborhood and life goes on.

Yes, @waterboy , it is good to be King. And it's good to be kind to the people you may need to turn to for help in the event of an emergency. We are all in this big boat together. :cool:

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glassman good to hear you are a good king !!! :) as there are too many of the other types which is why HOA's get such a bad rap. The world needs some level headed reasoning, life is too short as they say to get spun up over some of the stupid stuff people do, such as your flowers.

Happy planting!!!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dang! Nothing says Welcome to the Neighborhood like an early morning knock on the door telling you to move your satellite. What's next? Your American Flag?

Last edited: