• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grease zerks on Shorelander Trailer

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Recently our trailer has been squeaking like hell as the suspension travels so I crawled under it tonight with a can of spray lithium grease looking for the squeak and I found a grease zerk that I didn't know about. On the pivot point connecting the leaf springs there is a grease zerk facing down. On the inside of the connector is a label stating to "grease periodically". I'm sure most of you guys were aware of it but I didn't recall reading about it in a thread. If everybody but me already knows, I apologize. For those like me that didn't here is another point of lubrication while performing maintenance. For reference my trailer is a 2013 Shorelander tandem axle for the AR 240. I apologize for the pictures , it was getting dark and I was using a cell phone.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
you are the man... mine started squeaking like crazy just recently. I too was one to just spray with silicone

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It helps the squeak a lot, but one of my zerks won't take grease so I hosed it down with wd40, cleaned the zerk well, and worked the ball in the wd40. I'll try again after it's soaked tonight.

Last edited:

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Craig Thanks! I had no clue!

@jetboater4life I never did see any on my MFI trailer and I was all over that trailer as I added a second set of brakes, new lighting wire and LED's.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good to know! Thanks! I want that canopy rig on my boat @Rigger but I don't have a tower. What to do?

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for this post. I had forgotten about those fittings. I found them while waxing underneath the boat before winter storage. Now I can't remember if I went ahead and greased them. :eek:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I too found them last year but neither of mine will take any grease either. Let us know if your method freed it up. Thanks!

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I found those a while ago. When I tried to add grease it was REALLY difficult to get it in but it eventually did. I figured it might be because the boat was on the trailer; it might be easier without that weight in it. I intended to try to add grease at the ramp after we launch the boat but I never seem to remember that....

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i had to torch the fitting to burn out the stuck grease in it... worked for me after that

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know when I try to grease the snowmobiles skis it will not take grease until I take weight off them. I use fogging oil in place of WD-40 which I stumbled on when the second can of WD-40 stopped spraying with product left in it. I put that shit on everything like Franks hot sauce . Last longer.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice tip, thanks for posting. I too have a crazy squeaky trailer and only 200 miles on it.