• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Had a new Boat cover made and not before time ( Boat Cover Update )

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well Folks you may remember back in October last year i gave you a few tips on extending the life of your Boat cover, Well mine was 10 years old and repaired many times and it got to a stage when enough was enough and i had to bite the bullet and get a new one, In the post i wrote under the heading How to extend the life of your Boat Cover i used a man to repair it and so i went back to him and asked him to make me a new one, I wanted all the parts that were under stress strengthened with double thickness canvass the same as he had done to my previous one when he repaired it, I gave him the old cover and left him with it, He was told to remove all the vents and rubber cleat surrounds and fit them into the new cover, Three days later i got the Phone call bearing in mind he had never been to measure anything just copied the old cover which i had left with him, I collected the cover and fitted it and here is the result, He used a quite heavy duty waterproof canvass see what you think? I'm well pleased and wait for it, $208 at today's conversion rate, He even made me a big bag from the old cover to put the new one in when it was off the Boat to stop it getting dirty.

IMG_1704.JPG
This is him repairing my old one

IMG_1698.JPG
These are the strengthening pieces he fitted to the old one i wanted him to do the same to the new one.

IMG_3421.JPG IMG_3419.JPG IMG_3420.JPG IMG_3422.JPG IMG_3423.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It looks great and the price is unheard of in the U.S. Where of the shelf shipping covers cost more.

What are the black loops running down the center line used for?

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks great and the price is unheard of in the U.S. Where of the shelf shipping covers cost more.

What are the black loops running down the center line used for?
I'm not to sure Ronnie they were on the original one, I originally thought maybe they were for running a cable for a trailer lighting board, Maybe for hanging to dry when washed your guess is as good as mine, I'm sure we will get the answer when the right person reads this reply!!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent job. No doubt the handmade stuff is probably better than the OTS product.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He could start a business making those and selling them on EBAY in the US for $300!
The problem is getting those rubber moldings, You know what it's like here trying to locate certain thing's i haven't found those anywhere yet that's why i asked him to use my old ones.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm not to sure Ronnie they were on the original one, I originally thought maybe they were for running a cable for a trailer lighting board, Maybe for hanging to dry when washed your guess is as good as mine, I'm sure we will get the answer when the right person reads this reply!!
Not sure what those were originally intended for but I would run a same piece of rope through them and attach a second piece to the tower to keep water from pooling on the cover.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The problem is getting those rubber moldings, You know what it's like here trying to locate certain thing's i haven't found those anywhere yet that's why i asked him to use my old ones.
Yeah...the vents would be the hardest to replicate/source....the cleats are just flat rubber of some sort with a cutout. Wouldn't surprise me if those vents are made in China....just around the corner from you! LOL

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what those were originally intended for but I would run a same piece of rope through them and attach a second piece to the tower to keep water from pooling on the cover.
Yes i do that on the back end but never had a problem with the front, It remains a mystery!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah...the vents would be the hardest to replicate/source....the cleats are just flat rubber of some sort with a cutout. Wouldn't surprise me if those vents are made in China....just around the corner from you! LOL
Yes worth looking into a little deeper i think next time i go on my travels.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a friend that works for a company that makes covers, I will see if I can find out the supplier for the vents and cleat openings.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a friend that works for a company that makes covers, I will see if I can find out the supplier for the vents and cleat openings.
That's very good of you thanks a lot.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just saved the vents from my las cover. They are yours if you are willing to pick up the shipping from California.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just saved the vents from my las cover. They are yours if you are willing to pick up the shipping from California.
Thanks Ronnie i have a friend coming over from Utah next month i think he could bring them with him if you could send them to Utah, Let me know and i will get his address for you, I would willingly pay the postage, Thanks for that.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Vents - Not the same as the Yamaha but get the job done.

http://www.canvasmart.com/Boat-vent-I.html

Or just one of these in the center
http://www.go2marine.com/product/163504F/boat-cover-vent-caps-poles-combination.html

Thanks
Vents - Not the same as the Yamaha but get the job done.

http://www.canvasmart.com/Boat-vent-I.html

Or just one of these in the center
http://www.go2marine.com/product/163504F/boat-cover-vent-caps-poles-combination.html

Thanks for that Ken useful info.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it is a great idea. It would supplement Geoff's retirement and I need a cover!