• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hard core tubing and marine mat don't mix

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just a helpful public service announcement, if you have the rear gunnel marine mat installed, watch your whip when tubing. I learned my lesson on both sides. PXL_20230819_224834531.jpg

Look at it as a badge of honor and boat operator skill.

Holy wtf... where's your tube tow point on that boat? On my 212 the tow point is below where those additional mats are located.

Holy wtf... where's your tube tow point on that boat? On my 212 the tow point is below where those additional mats are located.
Mount point is in the standard position. In my younger days I was a professional show skier. I've spent many many hours driving towboats. We did acts including "around the boat" where you whip the skiers 360 degrees around the front of the boat without them ever sinking. As long as you always keep tension on the line, these boats are more than capable of getting the tube whipped out even with the driver. My teenage nephews love it when I make them scream on the tubes :)

Just a helpful public service announcement, if you have the rear gunnel marine mat installed, watch your whip when tubing. I learned my lesson on both sides. View attachment 206928
Good point.... thankfully I've been able to keep my teens on the smaller tubes lately - I tow them from the tower. Oh....and they blew up my bandwagon 2+2 last time we were out....ok..they....well I was driving! Lol launched them big time!!!!

But now you mention it, I'd noticed some skuffing on that mat....assumed it was boarding related.....huh....

Fantastic info and something to look out for. I never even know. But also I am always driving so I couldn't ever see it.

My daughter was towing me around on a tube last weekend and for the first time in 5 years I noticed that the rope actually rubs on the back upright cushions on tight turns. Specifically, the part of the cushions that is closest to the tow point. I'm gonna try to pay attention to this so I don't get wear on them.

After seeing this photo, I could see wear happening on the side arm cushions too from the rope.

Back