• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Height adjustable pedestal seats (fresh thread, specifically)

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I started a new thread intentionally for specifics.

Has anyone determined the make of height adjustable pedestals that definitively line up with Yamaha boats bolt pattern? (For me it’s the 2021 252SD) I’ve been looking at mine but cant find a label. I’ve asked my dealer but haven’t heard back.

i understand that some of you drilled and tapped, which is very cool, but there must be one that fits. One of the members mention the Wise for his 2018!?
I need this mod badly. I spend most of my time half-squatting on my bolster seat. I recently had a hip procedure done and after my last outing on a busy lake …. I set my healing process back 4 months.

im not afraid to drill and tap….. but if I don’t have to and just need the right pedestal… that’s super easy. Even if it’s a few extra bucks

anyone? Is this a fair question ?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Geez. Yup. Springfield. 9” base. Not sure how I missed that. now I have to find one in Canada. 😩. They list Bass Pro as a distributor so that’s a start.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet trim tabs would help with your ride quality also.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I bet trim tabs would help with your ride quality also.
Yes. For sure. That was mentioned to me by a friend when I complained about porpoising behind his wake last week😂. I am new to boating so I wasn’t sure if I was having fun or out of control. 😂😂. The seat height will help immensely so I’m on a mission today. It’s raining and windy here in Southern Ontario anyway.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I installed them 4 years ago, stopped the porposing completly. Wife says "best mod on the boat".

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Manual.

20170522_132003.jpg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went for a ride on my buddies Boston Whaler with Trim tabs confirmed next mod for me..
I just installed the Mainstay Adjustable pedestal and didn't want to drill and tap. Fit perfectly match on the deck and bottom seat mount. , but as you'll read in other Pedestal posts the swivel lock is off center, which I thought it would bother me, so I tried it out. Turns out...Its nice having a swivel without a release. I keep the tension screw handle just tight enough to swivel with force but not swingable. So far so good, goes too high even with tilt steering my knees are up against the steering wheel. I keep it on its lowest setting and use the extra cushion for perfect height above the windshield and not sitting on the bolster. I don't use the seat cushion in the middle anymore (attached picture) That was a previous setup. Higher settings my feet were off the deck and I wasn't comfortable with them swinging. All a personal choice, but so far I'm leaving it installed.
AF117788-5D37-45C1-85BA-0E1FD22472F6.jpegF71B6CC3-8522-4379-A709-F360F5F1AA86.jpeg4421F2A9-9AD7-4DD9-8276-07AAC7909586.jpeg573DFFA4-8CAE-4331-AB49-96BFD3A3E39D.jpeg5D8323AD-8CBA-44F3-A110-BD3C7D7E8A15.jpeg6897D4AF-00F3-44CA-880B-700D1D1C8ABD.jpegB3AF510A-B4FB-45D1-99F3-35AB3425F956.jpeg

Attachments

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Awesome. Excellent photos. I just ordered the last Mainstay on Amazon.ca and had to add the universal Springfield slider to be able to move the seat forwards and backwards. Those were the only parts I could get my hands On in Canada (quickly and easily). I hope all the bolts line up everywhere.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome. Excellent photos. I just ordered the last Mainstay on Amazon.ca and had to add the universal Springfield slider to be able to move the seat forwards and backwards. Those were the only parts I could get my hands On in Canada (quickly and easily). I hope all the bolts line up everywhere.
Be sure to post the part numbers you ordered (assuming they fit). Along with some measurements of what you replaced.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Air lift pedestal installation successful. In Canada, the all-in-one part posted above was a 2-4 month delivery and I’d likely get nailed with customs / duty and taxes. My only option was to use amazon.ca and get the adjustable pedestal and the universal slider for back and forth. The slider added an inch and a half of height that I didnt need…..so if you can get the all in one .. it’s a good choice. Having said that… both parts are made by Springfield and all holes line up perfectly. Pedestal base is 9 inch (not 12). I bought 4 5/16 by 1 inch stainless hex bolts to attach the pedestal to the slider. Washers, lock washers and nuts of course. Perfect fit. 10 minute swap out. Seriously!

I paid $226 for the pedestal so watch your price.

1627254593679.jpeg
1627254730647.jpeg1627254485443.jpeg

1627254871756.jpeg

1627254946163.jpeg

1627255058311.jpeg

1627255201763.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks great.

Did it allow any further fore/aft adjustment? I would love to be able to both raise my captains chair as well as slide it back so I can stand and drive at the same time. Right now in my 190 I can't the sear far enough aft to stand comfortably and drive.

Any thoughts @Sonic Blue ???

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That looks great.

Did it allow any further fore/aft adjustment? I would love to be able to both raise my captains chair as well as slide it back so I can stand and drive at the same time. Right now in my 190 I can't the sear far enough aft to stand comfortably and drive.

Any thoughts @Sonic Blue ???
Hey 2kwik. It won’t provide any further aft adjustment than stock BUT even with stock, it’s the bolster seat that moves out of the way and gives me the ability to stand. I wouldn’t have the room without that. Standing is hugely important to me for a few manoeuvres. So, if your seat doesn’t have a bolster, I noticed the seat manufacturer tag when I installed the pedestal…can’t remember the company…but I would go all the way and replace the seat too. I’ll be at the boat today… I’ll make note of the manufacturer… now I’m curious how much a seat would cost.

1627298064934.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Sonic Blue

my seat on the 190 does have the bolster, and even with the bolster up it's difficult to stand. My calfs touch the front of the seat and my upper thighs touch the steering wheel. Leads me to lean a bit forward, and put pressure on the back of my knees (as if you're leaning into the back of a van without moving your feet). It's a wildly akward position.

My seat does have significantly higher "sides" on it than yours. Here's a picture of the seat "swiveled". To get to this position, I have to slide it as far forward as it will go, loosen the set screw, then rotate 90deg, then slide back again. Also, if I sit in the seat with the bolster down it's quite snug to get in/out of. I have to "stand up" then turn. I can't turn IN the seat, then stand up.

1627298868527.png

You can see where Yamaha has remedied that in the '19+ seats. They added a cutout to the sides to allow a person to rotate BEFORE standing up. Ive' sat in a '19+ model at the boat show, and it was much easier to get into/out of the drivers seat.
1627299031272.png
New seat from Babbits is like $500, not sure it agitates me that much. If I could just slide it back like 2-3 inches further, and then quickly/easily rotate it, I might be OK. I tend to sit with the bolster up all the time anyway, and look OVER the windshield while driving, so I wouldn't mind having the full seat to pad my butt and leaving the bolster in the down position while still being able to see over the windscreen.

I need to check some height measurements and see if that new pedastal will get me high enough to make that happen. Might give it a try.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
The pedestal is rediculloudly high. I’m 6’ 2” and my feet almost dangle. I won’t use ito at its highest setting.

….hmmmm I’m just trying to think of a measurement I could do to help you determine if the Slider would give you The extra slide.

I think the only fair measurement would be from the pedestal itself because it would be the only constant between our boats. So if I got a measurement from the pedestal to the full forward position do the slide (not the seat) and another to the full aft position… you could do the same and see if the slide gives you any extra distance. Would that be helpful to you?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The pedestal is rediculloudly high. I’m 6’ 2” and my feet almost dangle. I won’t use ito at its highest setting.

….hmmmm I’m just trying to think of a measurement I could do to help you determine if the Slider would give you The extra slide.

I think the only fair measurement would be from the pedestal itself because it would be the only constant between our boats. So if I got a measurement from the pedestal to the full forward position do the slide (not the seat) and another to the full aft position… you could do the same and see if the slide gives you any extra distance. Would that be helpful to you?
If you have a tape measure handy I think those are the numbers. If we work under the assumption that the seat is centered fore/aft on the slides, and we know the length of the slide as well we can determine a center of post to center of seat dimension in the Fore/Aft direction. I can do the same on my stock seat and we can compare numbers.

I'll try to measure mine tonight. Even if it doesn't help me, it'll be good info for future curious boaters.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have this picture already. I’ll take a tape and see how for it slide in either direction too.

1627301925107.jpeg

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started a new thread intentionally for specifics.

Has anyone determined the make of height adjustable pedestals that definitively line up with Yamaha boats bolt pattern? (For me it’s the 2021 252SD) I’ve been looking at mine but cant find a label. I’ve asked my dealer but haven’t heard back.

i understand that some of you drilled and tapped, which is very cool, but there must be one that fits. One of the members mention the Wise for his 2018!?
I need this mod badly. I spend most of my time half-squatting on my bolster seat. I recently had a hip procedure done and after my last outing on a busy lake …. I set my healing process back 4 months.

im not afraid to drill and tap….. but if I don’t have to and just need the right pedestal… that’s super easy. Even if it’s a few extra bucks

anyone? Is this a fair question ?

Anyone have a pneumatic adjustable seat input for a 2019 AR240 or would this mount also work? I totally like the idea of an adjustable seat and I can get rid of the 5 inch cushion I use. I have new hips and the bolster up is not an option for me.