• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello Sunshine!! Relocating from Seattle WA to Sarasota/Bradenton FL Area! Woohooo!!

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been working at a position for a while and after several interviews both telephone and in-person, today I finally landed it officially! Spent 7 years in Seattle area and got no more than a month or two of boating. Seattle is great but the weather gets to you eventually. I have a 2018 AR210.

I would love to meet some local yammie owners so I can connect and learn about the area and boating opportunities. I have been made aware of the humidity/bugs etc. but honestly coming from a grey gloomy area, the sunshine is sooo worth it to me! Any advise input I can get from folks that know the area? Also can anyone tag local members please? I could really use some networking. I start my new job first week of April 2020.

Thanks everyone! P.S I love this forum.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new job! And the move to Florida!
I am looking to move a little south (Punta Gorda) of where you are heading. The executives at my agency are deciding TODAY on my request to permanently work at home in SW Florida. Hope the say YES! Fingers crossed!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Oh cool I did not know about the member map. Thanks!
Hey, welcome to the area. I'm slightly north of you. I mainly boat in and around Tampabay/St Pete. Moved from Clearwater where we used to boat a lot also. Let me know if you need anything and I'll try to help.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Hey, welcome to the area. I'm slightly north of you. I mainly boat in and around Tampabay/St Pete. Moved from Clearwater where we used to boat a lot also. Let me know if you need anything and I'll try to help.
i'll hit you up when I get there. Only help I need is finding boating buddies haha

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats! There are a few of us from the PNW that have escaped the rain!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I envy you, that’s my plan. I’m working my way there in steps.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats and Welcome to the SUNNY/WARM and year round boating of the Suncoast of FLA! We have lived in Bradenton, and Parrish now reside further south in North Port. You are going to LOVE the weather and the boating opportunities here. If you settle in the Bradenton area or Parrish Tampa Bay at your doorstep, and that means Egmont Key, Passage Key are great stops, Anna Maria Island is great to visit and even anchor up and walk up to a few restuarants. If you settle south in Sarasota, Venice or down here in North Port the gulf is going to be your hangout, we launch out of Venice and there are lots of places to hangout near the jetty at Venice inlet. Good luck and again welcome. Attached a pic from our last outing last Friday 80 degrees and low humidity!20200107_115032.jpg

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats and Welcome to the SUNNY/WARM and year round boating of the Suncoast of FLA! We have lived in Bradenton, and Parrish now reside further south in North Port. You are going to LOVE the weather and the boating opportunities here. If you settle in the Bradenton area or Parrish Tampa Bay at your doorstep, and that means Egmont Key, Passage Key are great stops, Anna Maria Island is great to visit and even anchor up and walk up to a few restuarants. If you settle south in Sarasota, Venice or down here in North Port the gulf is going to be your hangout, we launch out of Venice and there are lots of places to hangout near the jetty at Venice inlet. Good luck and again welcome. Attached a pic from our last outing last Friday 80 degrees and low humidity!View attachment 111024
Thank you! If you don't mind boating buddies, I will hit you up when I am there.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Look forward to hearing from you.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have two years and I will be in your boat (pun intended) will be in Parrish or Lakewood Ranch...too soon to start the countdown calendar but it's getting closer..Best of Luck

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@isitsummeryet hope you had a smooth transition from Seattle. Me and the fam got re-stationed from Everett WA to Key West in late 2018. It has been a blast. I will be retiring in 2021 and we are planning on moving to Sarasota or at least that is the plan right now. Hope the weather is treating you well and you can give us some tips when we head up that way.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just moved from Portland to Texas. Already the forms are up for the pool. The nw is pretty for a few months of the year but that rain is awful! Congrats on the move....you won't regret it

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@isitsummeryet hope you had a smooth transition from Seattle. Me and the fam got re-stationed from Everett WA to Key West in late 2018. It has been a blast. I will be retiring in 2021 and we are planning on moving to Sarasota or at least that is the plan right now. Hope the weather is treating you well and you can give us some tips when we head up that way.
Weather is great! We love it here even with corona shut down and the bugs dont really bother me. Love the sunshine! Yes I am sure we can connect when you head our way! Congrats on the move!

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the area! Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

We're in Bradenton. We normally put in at the Braden River ramp on SR64, and head out the Manatee River to either Passage Key or down to Jewfish Key. With COVID cancelling all of our kid's weekend activities we have been going both Saturday and Sunday every weekend that the weather (and waves...my wife hates chop) cooperate.

Shoot me a message if you ever want to meet up.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the area! Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

We're in Bradenton. We normally put in at the Braden River ramp on SR64, and head out the Manatee River to either Passage Key or down to Jewfish Key. With COVID cancelling all of our kid's weekend activities we have been going both Saturday and Sunday every weekend that the weather (and waves...my wife hates chop) cooperate.

Shoot me a message if you ever want to meet up.
We Will be there this Sunday. Passage Key around 12pm. Trim Tabs help with the chop.

synackattack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We Will be there this Sunday. Passage Key around 12pm. Trim Tabs help with the chop.
Cool..I think we're planning on heading out early on Sunday in order to get a good parking spot at the ramp. Passage will be our first stop. We won't move on from there unless the swell is bad. We normally anchor at the south east side of the island.