• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello!

Lancasterlooter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted to say Hi since I’m new here. We’ve got a 2016 SX190 that we bought new and it’s our first boat. We’ve learned so much about boating in the last 2 years and the Yamaha has been great so far with only a few problems. Looking to do a few mods and maybe you guys could give me your top 5 most satisfying...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Lancasterlooter. What's your location? Are you a fresh or salt water boater? Fisherman or water sports. If you don't have them yet steering fins are a very popular item for most jetboaters as they add a lot of control at slow speeds and make steering at higher speeds easier. There are two member/vendors on our forum that developed them and offer them to us at very reasonable prices. We also have a forum that addresses your particular model.

Last edited:

Bdog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just wanted to say Hi since I’m new here. We’ve got a 2016 SX190 that we bought new and it’s our first boat. We’ve learned so much about boating in the last 2 years and the Yamaha has been great so far with only a few problems. Looking to do a few mods and maybe you guys could give me your top 5 most satisfying...
Assuming it does not have it, Seadek is one item you could add.

Lancasterlooter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Assuming it does not have it, Seadek is one item you could add.
Good idea. I’ve been looking at a few different brands since the black pad on the rear of mine is staring to come apart.

Lancasterlooter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Lancasterlooter. What's your location? Are you a fresh or salt water boater? Fisherman or water sports. If you don't have them yet steering fins are a very popular item for most jetboaters as they add a lot of control at slow speeds and make steering st higher speeds easier. There are two member/vendors on our forum that developed them and offer them to us at very reasonable prices. We also have a forum that addresses your particular model.
Thank you. I live in Manteca, California and we go to lakes and the local delta. All freshwater so far. My boys and I like to fish from the boat and they are into the tubes and wake board. Looking for an affordable depth/ fish finder. I’ve been seriously considering some steering fins since the slow speed steering sucks! Thanks for your help. I will take a look at the SX forum

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My top 3 mods that I love and would have a hard time doing without:

1. JetBoatPilot Lateral Thrusters
I've learned to use these for all kinds of scenarios, wouldn't have a jet boat without them.
Fins are a big add as well, I went with fins from Cobra Steering, JBP has fins too
but the Lateral Thrusters are the real gold in this steering setup IMO
(https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-vm-ak-lateral-thrusters-ready-to-go.17781/)

2. Hydrophase Ridesteady Speed Control
(https://jetboaters.net/threads/hydrophase-ridesteady-is-installed.17807/)

3. Push Button Start/Stop
(https://jetboaters.net/threads/push-button-start-installation.18086/)

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length