• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@help 07 AR230 HO - no power

tpa joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 07 AR230 HO Has no accessory power and the engines have no power. I tried a new charged battery and a jump box with no luck and still no accessory power. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There should be a big fuse on the wall of your battery compartment. Follow the red wires until you find it.....my bet is it is blown. WHY it is blown is a whole different discussion.....did you just connect the batteries? Perhaps crossed a wire? Or was it running fine and then this?

tpa joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The area where the battery is being stored doesn’t seem to have a large fuse box area.

Attachments

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your engines dont work i would guess the small fuses in circular cover on the ecu as mentioned above

Have you connected/disconnected anything since the last time it ran

tpa joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I checked the fuzes in both black caps under the engine bay. All fuses look good after pulling them. The battery was charged full two weeks ago and reinstalled. That said, the boat wasn't started or checked for power after the instal. Now even with a high power jump box I still have 0 power to the accessorize / engines.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
There is a fuse inline on the cable coming from the battery in the battery compartment. You would never know it is a fuse because it’s near impossible to see. It has a holder. Follow the line directly coming off of the battery and look for the holder to pop off the cap.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look good or you checked them with a meter?

I'd check them with a meter and then double check your battery voltage and reconnect

I had battery cables crossed for a second earlier this year and blew both fuses in both ecu's

If the fuses are good and battery voltage is good then you need to start trouble shooting with a meter at the starter relay

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Follow the cables and see where the electric stops with a meter see if have power at the starter main cable

tpa joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hidden fuse was good. Time to keep tinkering.

Attachments

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you clean your battery terminals? If not, I'd recommend taking them off, wire brushing them off, and reinstalling. Then if you still don't have power, it's time to take a 12V test light or multimeter and start tracking it down like that.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hidden fuse was good. Time to keep tinkering.
Did you confirm all four fuses on the back of the engine compartment? Especially the x2 20 amp ones?

Battery itself could be DOA, maybe pull it and get it load tested / replaced if required?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I checked the fuzes in both black caps under the engine bay. All fuses look good after pulling them. The battery was charged full two weeks ago and reinstalled. That said, the boat wasn't started or checked for power after the instal. Now even with a high power jump box I still have 0 power to the accessorize / engines.
This feels like you don’t have your battery reinstall wired correctly

tpa joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Battery ended up being bad. All the fuses are good because it was installed properly, no crossing of the lines. Now I have power but the engines will not actually start.
Does anyone know if the fuel pump kicks on with the keys in the accessory position or does the key need to be fully turned ?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check the switches beneath the cleanout plug hatch if it will not crank the engines. If they crank but don’t start then check the lanyard.

tpa joe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of the switches at the cleanout plug area is stuck in the down position. Maybe I should just replace both of them. I should probably buy spark plugs as well.
Anyone know where to buy parts without spending a fortune.