• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help leveling out trailer

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got a chance to snap a pic with my new 5 inch drop hitch. Think I got it level now.
IMG_0781.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I doubt having the bow raised had anything to do with your bunks needing replacing....unless you are saying you ripped them apart? My guess is they were due to be replaced and the slight extra drag on them did them in. Would be no different than going to a ramp with a slightly steeper angle.

Monterro

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian I think you are right. I have been inspecting my lag screws more often than I did before and I believe a couple of them were getting stripped before now I think about it. With the trailer back level, I have had pretty smooth launching and recovering. Today in 15-20 MPH winds I was able to easily power load the boat onto the trailer with no throttle and still get within about 12 inches of the bow stop.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Monterro looks like you are about a 1 inch drop now?
Glad to hear you got it adjusted properly