• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@help on the water-manhole cover trouble

Mattr82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Needed to pull the manhole cover to unclog a bunch of grass I sucked up. Can't get the one manhole cover back into place. Advice? On the cheasapeke bay, going to be a bummer if I can't use the boat this weekend. Anyone know of local places to purchase a replacement?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sometimes mine was a PIA to get it back in there. Once you think it aligned, try leaning it slightly to the front or to the back and then try to push on the base. Just make sure there is nothing preventing it from going down.

Do you think is is damaged?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just lube it up with whatever you have available, even water. Pour water on the rubber gasket and pour water around the rim where it sits. This can also help flush out any dirt that be in the grooves where the dog ears lock into.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you get it working?

Mattr82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses, used some Vaseline on the flexible rubber ring that seats down into the groove. Worked like a charm. I mean, another guy and myslf struggled with this thing for two hours. We lubed it up good, and "presto", it slides the whole way into place with no difficulty at all!

Its hard to believe that little bit of rubber can keep that part from seating correctly, and give that much consternation to get into place.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome! Do you use EZLocks to keep them in place?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I do not. I suppose I should.
I would highly recommend them. Speaking from experience, a blown plug can ruin your summer. I won’t go out without them any more. I only bring it up now that your plugs are well lubricated. The EZLocks prevent them from blowing. Something to consider.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length