• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hi - SX190 to AR240 or 242 Limited S (soon) in Central Florida

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone, great forum and a wealth of information on here that has helped me out tremendously already - I replaced my reverse/shift cable today thanks to @Julian. I currently have a 2013 SX190 that we really like but I'm wanting to get something bigger, with a head compartment (wife, 2yo & 5yo), table/grill mounts and I want a tower - for looks more than anything.

I'm looking for a 2015+ AR240 or 242 Limited S. I'm really not trying to buy a new one but the 12" Connext system with GPS is pretty awesome and I love cool tech gadgets - just not the price or hit you take on a new boat. I've found a couple possibles but they are for sale by owner and I would need to sell my boat first. The dealer is giving me $14k for my boat on trade with around 50hrs on a new one but I over think purchases and end up talking myself out of it after I sleep on it.

Top ten on my bucket list is to do the Bimini Fling - I'm aiming for next year and I don't think I would try it in my SX190 even though I know many have done it successfully. I personally do not have that much experience in open water and my wife would freak out if the seas got too rough. I know the larger boat would handle the trip much better and once I get a crossing or two under my belt, I'd probably feel comfortable enough to bring the kids plus they'll be a year or two older. We are considering buying a condo in Bimini also so I'm justifying the boat upgrade to offset the cost of flights - at least that's what I'm telling wifey.

That's all I got right now - I look forward to meeting as many members as possible and if anyone watches the show Shark Tank, you may have seen me get a deal with two sharks in 2015!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2016 19 footer now and I'm casually looking for a 2015 or 2016 240 or 242 as well. I think that is a sweet spot year/value/cost combo. Good luck!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome and happy hunting for the new boat!! A 240 would be a much smoother ride over to bimini for sure. That said, if offshort boating will be your primary use, you might want to look into something more suited for that....

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The hinged seats and storage behind the swim platform seats are so nice!

We are mainly on the St. John's or intercoastal but I would like to make the trip to Bimini a few times every year.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are in no hurry, I see no reason why you can't list your boat for sale for a week and see if you get any bites. Isn't that more of a $18-19K boat? I would assume the dealer would list it for $22 and take $19-20K

Good luck!

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The salesman called me this morning and suggested I put a deposit down on the new boat ASAP!! If I was planning to make the run to Bimini in July, I'd be in a rush but I can't make it so I can wait it out a couple weeks.