• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holding tank size?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at a toilet for the boat. Leaning toward the 2.6 gallon instead of 5.3. Opinions?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought one for the Bimini trip just in case....have never used it, and hope not to. So based on that, I'd go with the smallest and cheapest and hope it never gets used.

My rule....you use it....you empty it! (It is working so far)

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Need to update that Boat Model info on your profile Marvin. Florence got you an upgrade (the hard way).

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking at a toilet for the boat. Leaning toward the 2.6 gallon instead of 5.3. Opinions?
Like Julian I bought one for emergencies but never used it (same rule). Free if you want to pay for shipping. Pm me if interested.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Jbalance

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased this one on Amazon and it fits perfect... the taller ones did not give enough room to sit and the seat area was too small. I did a little research and found one with a large seat area...

upload_2019-1-7_2-22-15.png

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you're open to a different opinion, try the Luggable Loo. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIAPXO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Basically, a 5 gallon bucket with a seat. Didn't use it last year so I'm only out about $40 (the Loo and bags). Easy to cary onto shore if needed, isn't heavy and a hell of a lot cheaper.
I keep a 4 gal. pail with a lid on the Yamaha, just in case, no seat required. It's main "duty" is a place to keep brushes; sponges, etc. for cleaning the boat. Never needed to use it for #1 or #2, but I keep it there just in case. Store it under port aft cushion just forward of batteries. Head/Storage locker too full with other essentials. The head in the Beneteau has a 50 gal holding tank and we use special paper and chemicals, that breakdown and reduce odor. If at the dock, I will walk back to the restrooms at the club house to just reduce the pumpouts. Without the treatment, a closed up boat in the hot summer sun is not a pleasant place to be. Over time the odor permiates the hoses and they need to be changed.

Last edited:

Jbalance

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The holding tank is 2.6 gallons. We first did purchased the larger tank size but soon found out the the head compartment raised floor area would make it very uncomfortable to sit. The smaller tank size and the larger seat fits perfect. If you pack your head compartment with your gear like most of us do, then there is no need to screw it down. I have had it with the a full clean water tank and gear and it never moved. It’s only for an emergency, so knowing that it’s available makes the wife happy

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Portable toilet of Dometic, this is a very low unit, which was good because it had to fit under a small bench in my pop-up camper. The pressure flush is very nice. I use the deodorant packet and did not notice any odor at all. This is a must have to save a night time trip to some outside camp ground restroom. Which was especially nice when it is raining outside. At first I thought it would be complicated, but you will soon get used to the controls and it is very easy.