• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holy crap this thing is fast

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
calm lake, bit of a tailwind, just me and my son, about 1/3 of a tank.... 54 mph. That's fast enough for me! My elevation is only about 800 feet, so I'm sure that helps as well.

question: Is anyone else seeing funky numbers on the trip screen? It shows my top speed as 25 mph, and my average speed as 40 mph, both of which are not correct.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bimini up, 7 adults, full tank, two anchors, full ice chest, etc... Best I hit was 47. Later the same day, ony two people in it, empty cooler, .5 tank of fuel, I hit 52.
Then I used my GPS on my phone, and it verified the speeds, regardless if slow or fast, were accurate within 1 mph at all times. Thats
close enough for me to call it what it shows me. Still was looking for about a 5-7 mph faster boat. But with time I will adjust to it.
was your bimini still up during your afternoon excursion? That thing is a huge sail, I know it slows us down by a few mph.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine said 79 mph so yes there can be differences

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh quit yer bitchin' dammit!

Last time out I was concentrating on going slow....or as slow/fast as I could go and still maintain a comfortable ride for my daughter.

To make a long story short, she was in one helluva car wreck while heading back up to the university where she is teaching. Ran off the road by some slime ball who didn't have the decency to stop, rolled 6 times...was lucky to be alive according to the FD paramedics who called me. 4 fractured vertebrae, both lungs collapsed and cut to high heavens from all the glass that shattered. She was in a brace for 3 months and all she could think about was getting back out on the river.....and I was bound and determined to make sure she did. And she did. We did. It was awesome...going slow.

Life is good. We just drove her back up north last weekend. She's all settled in and back to work.

Have fun, be safe. Remember the important things :cool:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow....glad all is as good as can be @Glassman !

But the folks that gave the Connext system awards for technical prowess obviously didn't use it out on the water. Call it bitching if you want.....I call it feedback......while I can't enjoy it from my couch.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear you @Julian , I grumble about top speed from time to time myself, this was a change for me and put things in a different light. All I'm sayin' is that going fast isn't what these boats were made for. They were made for making memories with friends and family - and at that they can't be beat....but that's just my perspective.

Let's all have fun this summer, I know that's my plan :thumbsup:

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Last time out I was concentrating on going slow....or as slow/fast as I could go and still maintain a comfortable ride for my daughter.

To make a long story short, she was in one helluva car wreck while heading back up to the university where she is teaching. Ran off the road by some slime ball who didn't have the decency to stop, rolled 6 times...was lucky to be alive according to the FD paramedics who called me. 4 fractured vertebrae, both lungs collapsed and cut to high heavens from all the glass that shattered. She was in a brace for 3 months and all she could think about was getting back out on the river.....and I was bound and determined to make sure she did. And she did. We did. It was awesome...going slow.

Life is good. We just drove her back up north last weekend. She's all settled in and back to work.

wife always says the kids will never be this little again.. enjoy what you have!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

@Glassman That is an incredibly moving story.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hear you @Julian , I grumble about top speed from time to time myself, this was a change for me and put things in a different light. All I'm sayin' is that going fast isn't what these boats were made for. They were made for making memories with friends and family - and at that they can't be beat....but that's just my perspective.

Let's all have fun this summer, I know that's my plan :thumbsup:
No complaints from me in this thread about how fast my boat is! I agree 100%

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last weekend I had my 242 Limited SE at 46MPH with 30% fuel and 7,000 RPM....never went to full throttle!Boat on Lake.jpg

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perfect picture and amazing water to go play in!! Your boat looks great!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:thumbsup: Thanks....Lake Livingston, TX[flag]

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its a gps speedo so why is it a dream-o-meeter ? Mine is always nuts on with the Chartplotter.

Being non CARB mine does 48 up river and 52 down with fullbtank of gas and 4 (smaller) people. Well 3 are smaller. And tops at 54 when down toward half tank or less gas.

Somethings not right if you're only getting low to mid 40's. Maybe altitude ?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Its a gps speedo so why is it a dream-o-meeter ? Mine is always nuts on with the Chartplotter.

Being non CARB mine does 48 up river and 52 down with fullbtank of gas and 4 (smaller) people. Well 3 are smaller. And tops at 54 when down toward half tank or less gas.

Somethings not right if you're only getting low to mid 40's. Maybe altitude ?
Well I wasn't even at Full Throttle so I know I have gotten 50 plus if I had gone to full Throttle