• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holy crap this thing is fast

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Decided to open her up, nice calm night, engines broken in, 50 mph on the water is crazy

Dhow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
O yah crazy fast and under control no trim needed

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hit the gas i was gone!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm, not a feeling I've felt yet. But glad you're happy! :)
Probably I'm just ruined from JetSki speeds. 72mph is an attention getter for me.
I just need to reset my expectations a bit. Love the boat, just thought she'd be quicker off the line and hit 50 faster. Seems to crawl up to speed from 40mph and up.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm, not a feeling I've felt yet. But glad you're happy! :)
Probably I'm just ruined from JetSki speeds. 72mph is an attention getter for me.
I just need to reset my expectations a bit. Love the boat, just thought she'd be quicker off the line and hit 50 faster. Seems to crawl up to speed from 40mph and up.
You're hitting 50? Do you have CARB boat?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're hitting 50? Do you have CARB boat?
Yes, I have a CARB boat. We hit 53 at first, then after provisioning her, (lots of goodies) we can only hit 50-51 under the right conditions. Typical top end now is closer to 48. :yawn:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A CARB Compliant 50MPH Yammie. . . . . . . THAT is a first on here I think. . . . . @Speedling

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A CARB Compliant 50MPH Yammie. . . . . . . THAT is a first on here I think. . . . . @Speedling
That seems odd. I was actually disappointed. You mean to say nobody else is even hitting 50? Interesting. Boat is still under 10 hours, maybe it gets worse? I sure hope not.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
24FT - NON-CARB Yammies are just about getting to 50 with half a tank of gas and minimal load. . . . CARB Yammies are generally 5-7 MPH SLOWER in similar conditions. Wonder if there was in improvement in the 16's across the board.

@Julian - what are you topping out at? Have you broken her in yet and given her a full speed run?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was trusting the speedo on the boat. Tomorrow I will use my phones GPS speedo. Damn, I hope it's not a low-40's boat in reality.
I did adjust my throttles to make sure I am getting 100% WOT when asked for. But they were only off by maybe .20" each. Not even sure it helped but I wanted to be sure I was getting everything I could.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
remember when water and air temps go up and top end drops

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My boat is slow.

Jay Petzold

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was 49 mph and still had a bit more to go on the throttle

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
24FT - NON-CARB Yammies are just about getting to 50 with half a tank of gas and minimal load. . . . CARB Yammies are generally 5-7 MPH SLOWER in similar conditions. Wonder if there was in improvement in the 16's across the board.

@Julian - what are you topping out at? Have you broken her in yet and given her a full speed run?
Wish I could say I had the time on her to finish breaking her in...been hunting the short and now she's at the dealer. This weekend is a loss because I'm canoeing all day tomorrow (planned trip for months) and the dealer closes at 2pm and isn't open on Sunday. Think I'm going to have to take an afternoon off early in the week to go get her!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Dream o meter hits 54 which means gps says 51-52.
You guys with 40 hp more are lame if you can't break 50.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In round numbers, mines a 50 mph boat. Been as high as 52 and low as 48. My wife brings too much crap. Folding chairs and umbrella in the ski locker. Bimini always up. 50 pounds of cooler/ice/food. How the hell am I supposed to race bass boats with all this crap in here? :)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
In round numbers, mines a 50 mph boat. Been as high as 52 and low as 48. My wife brings too much crap. Folding chairs and umbrella in the ski locker. Bimini always up. 50 pounds of cooler/ice/food. How the hell am I supposed to race bass boats with all this crap in here? :)
Lose the weight, starting with the wife. Replace with beer and you will be much faster.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have long ago come to terms with the fact that my boat is like The Clark Griswold Family Truckster. Packed well beyond capacity and ready for any adventure!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's not how fast you boat..it's how well you boat fast!!

Last edited:

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bimini up, 7 adults, full tank, two anchors, full ice chest, etc... Best I hit was 47. Later the same day, ony two people in it, empty cooler, .5 tank of fuel, I hit 52.
Then I used my GPS on my phone, and it verified the speeds, regardless if slow or fast, were accurate within 1 mph at all times. Thats
close enough for me to call it what it shows me. Still was looking for about a 5-7 mph faster boat. But with time I will adjust to it.