• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How did you find JETBOATERS.net?

How did you find JETBOATERS.net

• I joined when it opened

Votes: 32 14.5%
  • I was contacted (email/electronically) by a member and joined

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I found it on a search engine (reply with what you searched for)

Votes: 113 51.1%
  • I saw a JETBOATERS.net sticker on something

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I was invited in person by a member I met/know

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I found a business card for the site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I followed a link from another site (reply with site if you recall it)

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • My 2 year old was randomly typing and the site came up! (LOL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please reply with how)

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Curious to know how you found JETBOATERS.net...

We (@Bruce @txav8r @Murf'n'surf @OperationROL ) are always striving for ways to build this site and make it more relevant, but we are also curious how people found the site in the first place. Many of us simply moved over from the place that shall remain unnamed, but more are now finding us in other ways.

If you found us through Google, do you recall what you searched for? "Yamaha Jet boat forum", "jet boats", "jet boating" etc....so please not only vote but let us know the details.

We also now have a bunch of SWAG available in the SWAG forum. Now I don't expect this will draw many if ANY members yet....but it would be cool if it had! SWAG is mostly for our own enjoyment.

I have also recently begun putting business cards on jet boats I see parked at the marina, and handing out cards. Anyone can download the template and are encouraged to do so too!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I joined after the blow up following the last software update on the other jet boating site. I had no idea what was going on until someone posted Mel and Julian had been banned and members spoke of another forum. However, the members couldn't post this website until one smart member put lines in between each lettter and then I figured it out.

This site by far is the best and what I recommend to other jetboaters I know. The layout and members are great.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I joined after the blow up following the last software update on the other jet boating site. I had no idea what was going on until someone posted Mel and Julian had been banned and members spoke of another forum. However, the members couldn't post this website until one smart member put lines in between each lettter and then I figured it out.

This site by far is the best and what I recommend to other jetboaters I know. The layout and members are great.
x2

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am glad to have a home again...not to mention a boat again! Half the reason I sold my boat last August was the saga that was going on back there. And obviously, at least half the reason I wanted and eventually worked so hard to convince my wife to get another one, was the infectious camradire of our new home here. I am glad to be here, and share in this experience with all of you!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I found it during the whole YJB Sh*tshow Still some great info over the other site..I am sure in time this site will have even more then the other one.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found out about it from a post on YJB right after the site had been down for a few days. (Was clueless the fiasco going on...)

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Same

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a call from @txav8r before the site launched asking if I was interested in joining the "revolution". I knew that if he along with @Julian @Bruce @OperationROL and the others who were involved, it was a much needed change in direction for the community.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The QR code was priceless! LOL

Glad to see that the links we've been posting around have also helped some find us.
Our Google rank continues to climb, as does our Alexa.com ranking

But most important of all, the members here are active and enjoying the site! Lots of active threads, vendor participation, and great knowledge being shared!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Saw a post by Julian on jetboating.net.Was a good site and has a lot of Merc/Rotax info but it really has died so I came over here

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm on probation at yjb. All my posts get reviewed by moderators first before they go live. I don't think they liked my use of tinyurl as a redirect, however since I have not been contacted by moderators I have no way of knowing.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Ditto

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It came to me in a vision.

image.jpg

Beckoning me to come.....

...then I awoke when the phone rang and it was Bruce.

Must have been the shrimp for lunch.:D

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I woke up one day, over at the other site, and realized I was the smartest guy in the room. Then I knew something was wrong. After the blackout I stumbled over a post that said @txav8r, @Bruce & @Julian had been banned. I thought WTF and reached out to Mel to hear the whacked out back story. Mel invited me over so I joined.

I still hold dual citizenship but I no longer post over there after my online blow out with Brian. When he went online and stated he never deleted threads or PM's and never read PM's I took him to task as he read and deleted PM's to me from another member which got the other member ousted. I also can't find any trace of this or the lengthy "site down" post. I feel bad when I see people over there having trouble and see some of the lame advice but I'm not willing to support a site I don't trust anymore. The grass is greener over here. :)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm on probation at yjb. All my posts get reviewed by moderators first before they go live. I don't think they liked my use of tinyurl as a redirect, however since I have not been contacted by moderators I have no way of knowing.
Wait......they still have some moderators that didn't jump ship? Bahahahaha!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I must say I'm on both sites most days but things are pretty quiet at YJB. I tend to come here first.

The other thing I want to commend you who set up this site is it is so advanced compared to YJB.

I really like that the photos show up in-line as I add them to a post.

This site behaves much better on my PC and on my smart phones. It resizes nicely and I don't have to pinch zoom all the time.

Very nice. Thanks.