• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How did you find JETBOATERS.net?

How did you find JETBOATERS.net

• I joined when it opened

Votes: 32 14.5%
  • I was contacted (email/electronically) by a member and joined

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I found it on a search engine (reply with what you searched for)

Votes: 113 51.1%
  • I saw a JETBOATERS.net sticker on something

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I was invited in person by a member I met/know

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I found a business card for the site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I followed a link from another site (reply with site if you recall it)

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • My 2 year old was randomly typing and the site came up! (LOL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please reply with how)

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Greg M Its long...but here is a link to the reason I joined with Bruce and Mel to create a new home for us all.....

https://jetboaters.net/threads/why-a-new-forum-my-explanation-others-will-add-their-stories.486/#post-4934

Although Brian's unpredictable behavior was the primary trigger....the real benefit was forcing us to find an awesome new hosting Software package with tons of Useful features! At the time I wouldn't have supported a move just based on software...but in hindsight that would have been a very short sighted decision. phpbb (the old software) is really out of date, and the version the old forum uses is many many years out of date as well.

Welcome and be sure to check out all the features and tell your friends to come on over (if they haven't already)

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Found it from the other site during all the back and forth messages and before the adress got edited out on one of the posts.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
found this site while following, or trying to anyways, with the 2014 bimini trip. The thread just died and couldn't get any info. Got a pm and a reply when I asked about it, here I am.

Not to rehash, none of my business actually, but what happened over at "the other site"? Its winter, Im bored, and wearing youtube out looking at beaches! Too much to talk about or mind your own business will suffice my curiosity lol Just thought I'd ask ;D
@Greg M make sure you check this thread out for the get together at Lake Murray https://jetboaters.net/threads/lake-murray-floating-cabins-ardmore-ok-june-5-7th-2015.3858/

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian contacted me...been here ever since. Occasionally go over to the other site but don't post that much. Love it over here!! I must add it was on opening day as well when I joined.

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ive seen it, but cant make it. We are committed to Bimini trip at the least and mother nature willing beyond the week after! Then the last full week of July, we head to Dale Hollow Lake on the Kentucky/Tennesse border for an 8 day houseboat trip with about 10 of my friends from around the country (will be our 9th year, only time we see each other in person - computer geeks lol)

Almost every weekend though you can find us at Texoma. We usually stay at Soldier Creek. Saturdays roaming the islands, and Saturday nights we cruise over to Pelican Bay for dinner and beverages then an awesome evening cruise back. Our favorite time on the lake is after the sun goes down!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Greg M Several of us are Texoma boaters. We have a condo near Highport and are there almost every weekend in summer. Lots of yamahas running around now. Stop by if you ever see me on the lake!

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Greg M Several of us are Texoma boaters. We have a condo near Highport and are there almost every weekend in summer. Lots of yamahas running around now. Stop by if you ever see me on the lake!
for sure! sometimes its us and the kids, others its just me and my wife (her excuse to break out the wickedweasel.com bikinis lol... have had a scotch or 5 tonight, think she will give me "the look"?) lol

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I somehow missed the shakeup even though I was pretty regular on the other site. When I had a major issue (my jet drive bearings went out) and posted for help on the old site, it sat without help for about 5 days. I finally found this place on a google search and realized the smart/helpful folks all came here, that's why nobody answered over there. Been here ever since. I posted something with mention of this place over there and it was deleted. I was torqued so I went there and deleted all the content I ever added and haven't been back since.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was contacted by phone by txav8r asking me if I'd be interested in joining and helping to build the the clubhouse we have now. I had access to this forum before it went public. I then contacted members that I had numbers to that I knew would want to come over. I never go over to the other site because I have no reason to. I don't know if I've been banned or not, but I really don't care either. This forum is awesome because of the members with the knowledge and the software that presents it.

@Greg M we are Texoma boaters too! We aren't there as often as @jawsf16 , but we are usually with them when we are there. We stay in a hotel in Denison most of the time when we come to Texoma. A few times we've stayed at resorts by the lake, but not once at Soldier Creek.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was actually stalking this site somewhat prior to joining! I have been researching jetboats since about 2011-12 and was really looking into purchasing a Seadoo 230 Challenger. I was going to purchase one after they stopped making them in an attempt to try and find a good deal. But a few things happened which removed me from the boating market for a short time and after some continued research and digging, I felt that Yamaha was the best choice for my purchase. In 2013-14, I began my boat shopping again and after some research was going to purchase a brand new 242 Limited S after mid/end of season for the following year boat so I could find a good deal. This was my plan for the 2014 242 Limited S, but then I found all the new redesign changes which came with the 2015's :arghh: :rage: :punch:, so I decided 2015 would be the new boat for me. As I was searching for any good deals, I found the jetboaters.net site during my Google searches, videos, etc.

I joined this site prior to purchasing my boat and found my AMAZING DEAL :thumbsup: on my boat to finally pull the trigger and purchase. This forum has been a great tool for knowledge which resulted in a few friendships and meet ups already! Can't wait to see how things go from here :woot:

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats and welcome, ER...uh, where are the pics???

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome story @shane hric. IMHO you made a great choice.

Scobie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found this great site via Google. This site actually allowed me to provide the information to my wife to get a Yamaha. Pool 14/15 of the Mississippi doesn't have many jet boats. Just few sugar lands and old sea doo's . Through this site actually bought @ar240owner old boat. So keep up the great work , love the friendly atmosphere and awesome information. Since I purchased the boat I don't think there has been a day I haven't been on this site.

Duane652000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I found mention of this site from the Chap site. Since I'm a fan of jets (a sentiment that isn't widely shared over there, yet) I started lurking here for a few months before I joined. I like reading about your experiences and like learning more about the jet boats in current production. I'm not a brand snob, I just love boating and like to read about it when I can't do it. I often run out of reading material when just surfing the Chap site.

I hope to make the Bimmi trip (you guys seem willing to allow a stern drive to join you) with my business partner. But only if I can be sure my boat is ship shape with the new engine.

BTW, I've never been to the "other" site, and it doesn't seem that I've missed much.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Glad to have you on board @Duane652000 , I see were neighbors! Nope, no snobbery here. We all love our Yamahas, SeaDoos, Scarabs, and Chaps! Even the home builds and all the boats that aren't produced. I guess boats in general. We may be Yamaha heavy, but that is primarily because they produce so many and that is just where our background came from. But your membership will just add to the fun! Don't take offense to any of the stern drive comparisons, you know what your challenges are and what you deal with just like many of us remember them. But that Chappy has some good qualities as Chap is a great company. So welcome aboard, and feel free to make it a home! BTW, I am just on the north side of Ray Roberts, but I am a Dallas boy from way back.

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome, ER...uh, where are the pics???
Uhh....she's still at the dealership because they winterized and stored for free since it was late September when I purchased and I was on a cruise & vacation for most of October. But don't worry the pics of her originality will come along with all the changes and upgrades I've already purchased...he he he :D

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I remember correctly I found this site from a Google search: Yamaha jet boat forum.
Of course it brought up two sites (ahem..), but I believe I have used the other site maybe a handful of times. Within the first few days of trying both sites I got a cold feeling from the other one (everything needed approval), whereas this site had MikeyL with welcoming arms :Welcome: giving me a few hundred exclamation points and telling me all the great things I could already spend my money on.

The atmosphere is just better on this site!!:thumbsup: Great job guys!! This is one sincere - THANK YOU!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I remember correctly I found this site from a Google search: Yamaha jet boat forum.
Of course it brought up two sites (ahem..), but I believe I have used the other site maybe a handful of times. Within the first few days of trying both sites I got a cold feeling from the other one (everything needed approval), whereas this site had MikeyL with welcoming arms :Welcome: giving me a few hundred exclamation points and telling me all the great things I could already spend my money on.

The atmosphere is just better on this site!!:thumbsup: Great job guys!! This is one sincere - THANK YOU!!
I agree... that sounds word for word how I got here... 3xcept I didn't do much on the other site other than view from the outside.... once I got here it was all over!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious to know how you found JETBOATERS.net...
Google! Just put in "Yamaha Forum" and bingo, I found the community. :)

Last edited by a moderator: