• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many hours are you at? And, any major issues up to this point?

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm just about to hit 100 hours. Should line up perfectly with the end of season (even if I go over a few hours, I'll wait til the end of season to do the service). I have had absolutely zero issues...'knock on wood.' Just curious if anyone has had any major breaks, parts go bad, pre-mature failures, etc.

My boat is a bit older than yours but, last month I hit 220hrs. I wish it had more hours but I try and boat as often as I can.

Only issue I had was an oil filter that had a sidewall failure and was leaking when the engine ran. Long story to how I found that. But, besides that (which was my fault when I put the filter on too tight) zero issues. Haven't burned an drop of oil in 7yrs and mechanically its been a beast. Couple of issues of hand rails coming lose and some other small cosmetic issues but nothing to even complain about.

Love my boat.

Just hit 100 hrs on a 2013 no issues that worry me I only had to replace Radio head unit and battery. So far its been change oil and go. My Yamaha cover has lost it water resistance after 6 months so a recoat with a sealer was in order, it seems the sun hear in FL cooks the water repellent gone every 6 month.
I do have pump housing noise will be checking for the infamous corrosion under the stainless sleeves soon..... not real loud yet but needs a look.

Just hit 100 hrs on a 2013 no issues that worry me I only had to replace Radio head unit and battery. So far its been change oil and go. My Yamaha cover has lost it water resistance after 6 months so a recoat with a sealer was in order, it seems the sun hear in FL cooks the water repellent gone every 6 month.
I do have pump housing noise will be checking for the infamous corrosion under the stainless sleeves soon..... not real loud yet but needs a look.
I didn't realize the cover even had a repellent...thanks for that. I'll have to apply some as well.

350 hours. Starboard engine is becoming a pain to start some days but otherwise runs like a champ.

Plugs? Run fuel system cleaner through it?

140 hours in total, 100 hours this season so far. I’m thinking I’ll break the 200 hour mark before the season is over. I‘ve had 35 outings this year in 5 months, I average 10 hours on the water per outing, some days are 14 hours on the water-loving every minute!

No issues, just normal maintenance.

One engine compartment blower must have gotten a spot of corrosion on the shaft as it vibrates sometimes. It has gotten better over time, but still functions perfectly. One on order but it is back ordered.

Rebuilt clean out plug at year 4. Guilty as charged, was not diligent about removing after each outing or silicon spray at end of season. Otherwise approaching 130+ hrs at year 5.

Rebuilt clean out plug at year 4. Guilty as charged, was not diligent about removing after each outing or silicon spray at end of season. Otherwise approaching 130+ hrs at year 5.
I remove the plugs/spray down after each outing but I haven't sprayed with silicon spray. I'll add that to the list!!

I remove the plugs/spray down after each outing but I haven't sprayed with silicon spray. I'll add that to the list!!
The gasket over time becomes gummy. Ive read post where the plugs become near impossible to remove as they swell.

170 hours on my 2018..

Only ‘issue’ that I’ve had that needs addressing is the nut on the back of the 12V power socket behind the rear seat unscrewed. Now the adapter pulls out when I unplug stuff. I haven’t figured how to get behind the seat to screw it back on. I looked down behind the batteries and it’s all blocked off. I opened the engine compartment and I don’t see a way through there either.

Thoughts anyone?

On this topic, what do people consider high hours? When should I sell before things start to go bad? 400, 500, 800 hours?

DA143BB1-F13E-49E4-BB29-37CB4D6CCE70.jpeg

Plugs? Run fuel system cleaner through it?
Plugs every year. Never noticed the starboard plugs looking bad. Haven't done a fuel clean yet. It's mostly a nuisance and I haven't been dead in the water yet.. knock on wood.

170 hours on my 2018..

Only ‘issue’ that I’ve had that needs addressing is the nut on the back of the 12V power socket behind the rear seat unscrewed. Now the adapter pulls out when I unplug stuff. I haven’t figured how to get behind the seat to screw it back on. I looked down behind the batteries and it’s all blocked off. I opened the engine compartment and I don’t see a way through there either.

Thoughts anyone?

On this topic, what do people consider high hours? When should I sell before things start to go bad? 400, 500, 800 hours?

View attachment 160447
That nut is probably cracked. Mine in the dash is the same way. silicone or 4200 would be an easy fix.

My boat has about 60 hours and needs a set of steering cables that I can’t currently find.
It’s fresh water only and sitting in a dry climate, frustrating thing to have to replace already.

No other issues at all.

170 hours on my 2018..

Thoughts anyone?

View attachment 160447
If you have access to a 3D printer, there are lots of resources online for common parts like these. Here's an example: Threaded nut for 12V Car power adapter by renelm

Circa 100 hours. Replaced Steering Cables myself, they didn't make it 1 year. Anchor locker drain. Engine Hatch is misaligned and is starting to annoy me when I look at it. USB connecter at helm fell apart and power receptacle fell apart. Replaced with both after maket and LED readout. Removed a ton of stuff from the bilge. Plastic that holds helm door across the walkway cracked. Hoses clamps and most screws were loose.

Hit 110 hours this weekend which I think is reasonable for our northern climate and no mechanical issues. Had an overtemp alarm once when I sucked up a massive bunch of weeds while floating that blocked the intake grate reducing water flow. Pulled the plugs, cleaned out, reset alarm (5 battery on/off and engine start cycles), and all good since. Will be doing spark plugs this week...almost forgot to order them since the engines are running great still.

Back