• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How the hell do I get this out??

I have read before where people let it dry out for a couple days and as it shrinks you can just chip it on out. If not I had to pull my pump last season and after doing it once it is not hard at all. Guess it just depends on how quick you need to be back on the water!

I have had luck in simply reaching up there and working it loose with my hand or a small pair of pliers. You can also use a pair of pliers with long handles to reach up there better and work it loose. Worst case is to pull the impeller out but I have never had to do that yet.

trained termites would probably work, or use a hair dryer and dry it out then work it from under the boat using a long screwdriver or a piece of heavy gauge wire with a hook bent at the end of it. Basically it will go out the way it went in.

but that could hurt the termites

How about a long drill be extender and drill it out.

Thanks guys for the ideas. I started training the termites tonight. They don't listen that great and my pet gecko keeps eating them.

I think the fire would work well while running at 6000 rpm. That would be a great afterburner!!!

reach up with something from the bottom and tap on it, you will be amazed how easy it will fall out. But if it doesn't work,, use the fire..

Back