• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to sub boat

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 242 and saw where someone was able to sub the front end. How is this done

Looks fun how fast do you need to go and then what just slam it in reverse.

Looks fun how fast do you need to go and then what just slam it in reverse.
I do it at about 35 mph but I don't let it get like the video, just a good spray for the folks in the bow area. Once the bow starts to dive and the spray comes up, I push the throttles back to forward to stop the nose dive.

Not sinking the Paper tornado anytime soon

And this is exactly why I bought a new boat :) Man, I'd never do that. That's just asking for electrical gremlins.

I don't have a 240 series boat, but around cruise speed, 25-35 mph, dump it in reverse, and then power out. You can go in reverse for as little or as much water as you would like in the boat. Here are some pics that @jawsf16 's wife got of us doing a sub move at Broken Bow Lake last year. This got a "decent" spray in the boat. No standing water at all in the boat.
IMG_9772.JPG
IMG_9772 (1).JPG

and thats how motors are drowned out and boats totalled...

Some love to do full sub moves where you get water in the boat.....many of us just like to do a "Spray move" where you do exactly the same move (35-40, then into reverse and throttle up) just don't throttle up as much.

Of all the sub videos I've seen, this one is the craziest:

Not sure why anyone would risk hydolocking their boat....but the older boats did have a much better seal on the engine compartment - mostly because they had a high sun pad and the walls of the engine compartment went all the way to the top of the boat. The new boats have much lower access points to the engine compartment.

and thats how motors are drowned out and boats totalled...
I have been doing this on two different jetboats for a total of 10 years now and not had these troubles. This is one of the reasons why I love jetboats. You simply cannot do this on a prop boat.

The only reason I want to know how this is done is so I don't accidentally do it! I would never purposely fill my boat with water.

The only reason I want to know how this is done is so I don't accidentally do it! I would never purposely fill my boat with water.
I dont recommend filling your boat with water....but a spray sub move is lots of fun and cools everyone in the boat off! Always gets smiles from my passengers (I tell them to put their electronics WELL away before I do it!)

I did my first one this week, it was more of a big spray but the kids still loved it

Thanks for the replies I might try a little spray but I definitely ain't looking to have 2 feet of water inside

I fill my boat full of water all the time, it is just in bags. :p

Seriously, I do this but it is just a mist, I have too much in my stereo to do a full sub move. :confused:

Back