• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Humm from both engines with key on (engines off) in E-Series boat

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, I checked for the humming this weekend and do not have it. Key on, motors off, turned radio down, and nothing. I can even go as far and say I forgot to turn the battery switches off for a full week and the boat started right up. Boat has no hum, no drain, etc.

The only thing that might help if you haven't found the issue yet is it might be in the tower somewhere creating this. Recall, I have the e-series boat but changed the tower over to a non.

Let me know if you need me to look at items for you to see if there are differences.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, I checked for the humming this weekend and do not have it. Key on, motors off, turned radio down, and nothing. I can even go as far and say I forgot to turn the battery switches off for a full week and the boat started right up. Boat has no hum, no drain, etc.

The only thing that might help if you haven't found the issue yet is it might be in the tower somewhere creating this. Recall, I have the e-series boat but changed the tower over to a non.

Let me know if you need me to look at items for you to see if there are differences.
Nope...it is definitely coming from the throttle body....strange that you don't have it....and makes me concerned for those of us that do! I asked the dealer about it and didn't get an answer.....will ask again when I return for the AMP and Speaker replacement

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I checked mine after reading this thread and mine does have the humming from throttle bodies.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll check again this weekend. maybe I have a problem.

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have it as well, assuming it is normal, as no issues with battery drain or any other problems that I know of