• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SuperJetDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think it boils down to what YOU like. I love my boat because I have small children and can't justify a jetski. Obviously it is the opposite for you since you have the ski's and sold your boat. You would have to pull with two tow vehicles if you wanted to take both out and then you have maintenance on all of the skis and now the boat. Either way you are on the water and that is all that matters.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good luck on whatever you decide Dan!! And keep us posted

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
At that price I would buy it just to make money on it, I bet you could get it for 5k or a little less... A little elbow grease " make it shiny" I bet it would go for at least 7k this time of year.. As long as it's up to par. JMO

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LS2000s are a lot of fun to drive!

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Will do, already showed it to my Wife and she said why do we need another boat? I don't think she is on board with the idea LOL..

I dont see how a boat and ski are anything alike? (Other than the fact that they float and have an engine) A boat is meant for hanging out with friends, fishing, drinking, hanging out etc... It's a lot easier to bring a grill, some dogs and a 30 pack on a boat than it is on a ski. Plus on a boat you really dont get wet. (Unless you want to)

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or the other solution...
Buy the boat @SuperJetDan's wife
Buy the boat SuperJetDan's wife
Buy the boat......

Well, why not? It worked for Dan.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I switched from jet skis to the boat, although I had both for 4 1/2 years. I loved the jet ski on the ocean but we moved to an area with lakes. The skis were still fun but after a few long enjoyable trips to the extremities of the lake there wasn't much more to do. Also the lake doesn't offer waves or swells to jump, no sea lions, no dolphin, or whales.

Me on the ocean back in 2007 (a real photo - not photoshopped)

Off the island of Catalina.

Over time I became bothered by the fact that jet skis are limited, mostly due to the bad behavior of past riders who did unacceptable things with their skis. The Southern California Channel Islands have a one mile restriction for jet skis but no such restriction for any other water craft. Castaic Lake has a small area allocated to jet skis while other boats can use the whole lake. Some lakes don't even allow jet skis like our local Whiskeytown Lake. Perhaps the OP doesn't run into these restrictions.

But the biggest reason overall for going to a boat over skis was socialization. I found that I could be on the ocean with 5 to 20 other ski riders but still feel alone as we were scattered over a mile of ocean. I wanted to be on a boat with others so we could enjoy each others company, stop to eat lunch on board, swim off the boat while drifting or anchored, and I like the ability to get up and walk around. The shade of the Bimini is also great on these hot summer California days. We could tow tubes with the ski but it doesn't match having people on the boat to laugh and cheer those on the tube. Also jet ski tubing is limited to only one person on the tube. No such limit on the boat.

We finally sold the skis a couple of months ago.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only reason we sold the LS 2000 was the smoke from the 2-stroke motors with a small boy literally "in tow" . We don't have that problem anymore and would love to have our LS back....In fact the boat in your pics might just be our LS! Same exact color and trailer!

Never had a problem with her after the initial mechanical eval and fixing some minor things like oil lines, etc.....

Bought ours for 9K and sold her for 9.5K 2 years later..... that was pretty nice...

Amazingly fun boat.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good luck buddy!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could always pull a standup up on deck right? Keep us posted @SuperJetDan

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
:cool:@Glassman , it has been a while since he posted.. Maybe you really got in his head and he just went for a burger and salad, forgot all about the boat...