• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I thought I had seen it all, Maybe now I have!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was out cruising on one of my skies when I saw two teenagers trying to flip over a newer sea doo 3 seat ski. As I approached and to my surprise they finally managed to get the ski where they wanted it, "UPSIDE DOWN" I admit I was shocked and began wondering what the hell were they doing this for!
Then I saw the ski rope hanging out of the intake grate, one of them startled the hull while it was upside down and he began attacking the rope with a knife.
I was taken back by this unusual rope removal procedure, and concerned for the p w c. so naturally I tried to inform them that it was probably a real bad idea to be rolling the ski upside down and cutting the rope out while water worked it's way inside the engine through the exhaust cooling system etc. etc. etc.
I was then enlightened by the following information eagerly provided by the younger of the two. It's ok to roll the ski upside down in the water because it's fuel injected and that they do this procedure all the time.
With that I wished them good luck and drove off totally dumfounded , I guess practice makes perfect and since they do this all the time maybe they should try not running the rope over in the first place.
I am now kicking myself for not turning on the video camera I have on the front of my ski and just sticking around long enough to make a you tube video titled " YOU DID WHAT!" But since they do it all the time maybe I will get a chance to make one in the near future.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow !!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Their rope must be pretty short and full of knots by now if they keep doing that ;)

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is probably not their ski.. idiots

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice....Morons!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You know, there are some people in life that don't have work very hard at being stupid...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I sure wish I had videoed that. I can honestly say I have not seen them around since then, so who knows.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was out cruising on one of my skies when I saw two teenagers trying to flip over a newer sea doo 3 seat ski. As I approached and to my surprise they finally managed to get the ski where they wanted it, "UPSIDE DOWN" I admit I was shocked and began wondering what the hell were they doing this for!
Then I saw the ski rope hanging out of the intake grate, one of them startled the hull while it was upside down and he began attacking the rope with a knife.
I was taken back by this unusual rope removal procedure, and concerned for the p w c. so naturally I tried to inform them that it was probably a real bad idea to be rolling the ski upside down and cutting the rope out while water worked it's way inside the engine through the exhaust cooling system etc. etc. etc.
I was then enlightened by the following information eagerly provided by the younger of the two. It's ok to roll the ski upside down in the water because it's fuel injected and that they do this procedure all the time.
With that I wished them good luck and drove off totally dumfounded , I guess practice makes perfect and since they do this all the time maybe they should try not running the rope over in the first place.
I am now kicking myself for not turning on the video camera I have on the front of my ski and just sticking around long enough to make a you tube video titled " YOU DID WHAT!" But since they do it all the time maybe I will get a chance to make one in the near future.
I may not be quite understanding what they were doing here, because an upside down ski (at least a Kawi or Yami) is no big deal...in the water, with the motor off. They are flipped on their lids often in the water during sharp slow-speed turns especially 3 seaters with multiple passengers, if the driver does not release their grip soon enough. As long as they give the motor a few minutes to let the oil drain back to the pan once the craft is righted, it's all good. The ski can sit indefinitely upside down. The direction you flip them back over matters due to the side the exhaust ports are on, but otherwise kind of a non-issue.
Perhaps newer Sea Doos are less tolerant of this? I stopped buying Sea Poos decades ago so my info may be dated.
Also, I may be missing something really obvious here or mis-read the post?