• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I want to go to Bimini 2017

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our family is new to Yamaha and jetboaters.net but we are seriously considering this trip for '17. I originally stumbled across this video and it gave me the itch

The amount of time some of the Bimini veterans have put into preparing and writes ups is amazing. Thank you all. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.

If you are in the Austin, TX area hit us up!
Welcome aboard the two guys in the Yamaha are @1948Isaac and I and all the other males on the trip are forum members as well @JROD @Ramblin Wreck @Andy S we had an awesome time on that trip glad you enjoyed the Isaac's video.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard the two guys in the Yamaha are @1948Isaac and I and all the other males on the trip are forum members as well @JROD @Ramblin Wreck @Andy S we had an awesome time on that trip glad you enjoyed the Isaac's video.
Thanks! I came across Isaac's video by accident. I was surfing AR240 vids on youtube and this popped up. Now we're ready to give it go!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Oh, man. After watching that video, I now have the itch. I'm up for an adventure.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I learned my lesson this year. Be flexible with the dates. I can't wait for Bimini 2017.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I learned my lesson this year. Be flexible with the dates. I can't wait for Bimini 2017.
2016 was the first year that I am aware of the trip being rescheduled. We had to move it forward a day to catch a narrow window of crossable water that was followed by four days of treacherous water. I believe it was 2012 that was cancelled due to a tropical storm or hurricane in the area. My experience is that the scheduled dates have worked two out of three years but it is a good idea to be flexible on dates. Many of us that made it this year had extra long day(s) of towing to get there a day early.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2016 was the first year that I am aware of the trip being rescheduled. We had to move it forward a day to catch a narrow window of crossable water that was followed by four days of treacherous water. I believe it was 2012 that was cancelled due to a tropical storm or hurricane in the area. My experience is that the scheduled dates have worked two out of three years but it is a good idea to be flexible on dates. Many of us that made it this year had extra long day(s) of towing to get there a day early.
@Bruce is correct, the 2012 trip was cancelled due to Tropical Storm Debbie.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Extra day in paradise...I will make amends lol.
...well planned and executed. We watched weather for months in advance....week in bimini i don't think any of us looked or discussed weather for return....eff it I'll stay...lol

Last edited:

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm not up for Labor Day, but DEFINITELY count me in for 2017. That is, as long as you guys don't mind having a Chaparral go along with you.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We followed these Bimini flings every year on the forum. This year we made the leap. If ypu haven't done this trip you definitely have to do it. To be on this tropical blue water on your own craft is a lifetime experience. My family loved it and this was my oldest graduation present.

Last edited:

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll have to call truce with @swatski ..... I'll buy him some rum and let him hear my disguisible sexy voice on vhf...he such a freak....lmao

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have to call truce with @swatski ..... I'll buy him some rum and let him hear my disguisible sexy voice on vhf...he such a freak....lmao
Okay, but I also want your voice on my home answering machine.

--

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bought my second Yamaha in Nov'15 (1st was '08-'11) and found this group in Dec-
Family could not make the Jun '16 Bimini dates work with other schedules so a buddy and I towed from VA to FL and went.
Thought was this was part Daddy Recon (safety and worthy of the whole family) and part Daddy adventure (with buddy).
Bottom-line, thought it was going to be very good, and it was Phenomenal!!!
Great people, great plan, great adventure!!!
Bimini '17, the whole gang is going!!
Glen

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought my second Yamaha in Nov'15 (1st was '08-'11) and found this group in Dec-
Family could not make the Jun '16 Bimini dates work with other schedules so a buddy and I towed from VA to FL and went.
Thought was this was part Daddy Recon (safety and worthy of the whole family) and part Daddy adventure (with buddy).
Bottom-line, thought it was going to be very good, and it was Phenomenal!!!
Great people, great plan, great adventure!!!
Bimini '17, the whole gang is going!!
Glen
In your opinion how young of children would be ok on this trip? Our kids will be 5 and 7 at the time. Thanks !

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In your opinion how young of children would be ok on this trip? Our kids will be 5 and 7 at the time. Thanks !
It all depends on how tolerant your kids are in rough sea conditions. The first Bimini trip, 2011, someone had 3 boys under 5 on a 23' and they were just fine.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At the time of this years trip my kids were 6.8 (son) and 9.2 (daughter). On their first trip they were 4.8 and 7.2 so just about the same age as yours. They had a great time. They had previous salt water experience which I believe helped. They were nervous for the first crossing. They huddled together on the port side and held onto the grip in the cutout on that side. By this year they had learned that sitting across the back is the most comfortable.

Here is a video of them in some close to 3' water on this years return trip.

Top Bottom