• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I'm am idiot

krypto69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi

Put in a new plugged it into my 2023 yamaha AR220 and put it on the 12V setting - it went right to green (fully charged?). So I unplugged and went to start it and nothing no radio no dash nothing.

Put my multimeter on the batteries and they show 12.5 volts each.

NOCO Genius GENPRO10X2.

Help! Assuming there is a fuse somewhere I can check? Assuming 12v at the battery should be enough for the dash / radio to turn on ?

What kind of battery comes with the 2023? lithum, AGM?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is your switch on for the batteries? Assuming since you have two batteries you have a switch to turn on one or the other or both batteries at the same time in the same compartment as the batteries. If that doesn’t work check your connections at the batteries. I’m not sure where the fuses are on the newer models though, sorry!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you read the instructions on the noco ? You are supposed to set the charger to what battery you have, ,usually these battery chargers come set to flooded lead acid batteries. If there are caps on top of the battery to check the electrolyte aka battery acid, those are flooded lead acid batteries. There is a rather large difference in the charge profiles between flooded lead acid, FLA, and agm and lithium, although the AGM charging profile can be used on most lithium batteries.

krypto69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you read the instructions on the noco ? You are supposed to set the charger to what battery you have, ,usually these battery chargers come set to flooded lead acid batteries. If there are caps on top of the battery to check the electrolyte aka battery acid, those are flooded lead acid batteries. There is a rather large difference in the charge profiles between flooded lead acid, FLA, and agm and lithium, although the AGM charging profile can be used on most lithium batteries.
Yep I read the instructions and googled but can't find what kinda of battery comes standard on a 2023 AR220.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We ALL have a version of that story, @krypto69 . I’ve struggled to start mine while my kill switch lanyard was sitting on the dash right in front of me.
I already have a wife willing to tell everyone my screwups, I don't need MORE help 😉

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep I read the instructions and googled but can't find what kinda of battery comes standard on a 2023 AR220.
The dealer you bought it from installed the batteries, not Yamaha. I don’t recall ever hearing about a dealer installing anything but flooded lead acid batteries, they’re the lowest cost batteries, AGM batteries are significantly more expensive.

Take a picture of the house and start batteries and post it in this thread, we will tell you which type you have. You should have a dedicated Start battery, these batteries have high CCA cold cranking amps and are NOT intended for deep discharges, and a house battery which is not intended for engine starting but IS intended for deep discharges.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We ALL have a version of that story, @krypto69 . I’ve struggled to start mine while my kill switch lanyard was sitting on the dash right in front of me.
When the kiddos pulled the lanyard when we were prepping at the ramp it took me a while to realize. Even went to the point of borrowing a fellow boaters battery jump pack before I noticed o_O

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Couldn't figure out why everything was working and running just fine until I tried to move forward... Totally forgot to put the clean-out plugs in and felt like a complete idiot as I made lots of noise and no movement at the boat ramp...

But don't tell anyone...This is just between us ok? :winkingthumbsup"😂

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bullshitting with my son beginning of last season and installed my battery...backwards. 😖
Bilge pump running constantly tipped me off. Blew both ignition fuses. Changed the fuses and installed correctly (Red = Pos/Black = Neg.)
Everything fine...but felt pretty dumb. 😒