• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

im thinking pulling molds for the LS/AR console covers...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ABS just don't hold up... I have a set of original junk ones and the one on the boat now are pretty good shape, however one is starting crack at the hinge.... and I have all this cloth and resin left over...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ABS just don't hold up... I have a set of original junk ones and the one on the boat now are pretty good shape, however one is starting crack at the hinge.... and I have all this cloth and resin left over...
How large are those?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
edited for accuracy - I wasn't really looking to sell them. I'm just looking to fix the issue with my boat. Maybe I'll just donate the molds the cause... I wouldn't get to it till summer or fall anyway. LST1200-D Book says 19' 6" length... I measure (not Laser CMM) 19' 9", 15" 6' (no swim platform) at the waterline and 21' 4" LOA that includes the swim platform... I had to read the standards, get out a level and some gaffer tape to revise those numbers.. So by the regs its 19' 9" long from a vertical line at the tip of the bow to a line vertical at the aft most point of the transom level between the two, slightly longer ~20' if I go a direct line, If I were to glass in the swim platform to the Hull it would then count as LOA, but Not LWL

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
edited for accuracy - I wasn't really looking to sell them. I'm just looking to fix the issue with my boat. Maybe I'll just donate the molds the cause... I wouldn't get to it till summer or fall anyway. LST1200-D Book says 19' 6" length... I measure (not Laser CMM) 19' 9", 15" 6' (no swim platform) at the waterline and 21' 4" LOA that includes the swim platform... I had to read the standards, get out a level and some gaffer tape to revise those numbers.. So by the regs its 19' 9" long from a vertical line at the tip of the bow to a line vertical at the aft most point of the transom level between the two, slightly longer ~20' if I go a direct line, If I were to glass in the swim platform to the Hull it would then count as LOA, but Not LWL
Yamaha officially lists the boat as 19'....which is what I used to rent my slip for mine as they went by the foot! :)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha officially lists the boat as 19'....which is what I used to rent my slip for mine as they went by the foot! :)
Did you have an LX-210 or LS2000? My LX-210 was over 21' with the swim platform. You did well getting away with 19' on the slip rental!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you have an LX-210 or LS2000? My LX-210 was over 21' with the swim platform. You did well getting away with 19' on the slip rental!
Yup....I owned an LX-210 and yes, the marina wanted the official manufacturer's length from the bill of sale to charge for the boat - I suspect people were claiming their boats were shorter to be charged less! The swim platform doesn't count towards the official boat length - which is silly when its bolted on from the factory and no one would ever take it off (easily). Loved having that platform right at the water line!

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length