• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Including Images in Posts

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Including images is as simple as dragging and dropping the file into the edit window where you are typing.

After doing so you can choose to include a thumbnail or the full image in your post.

Currently the maximum image size is set at 5MB.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
trying to get used to this new features, I have added photos to a post but I had to put them into my media album and then click on the image button and transfer the URL, for multiple pictures it was quite a cumbersome to close the draft message and going back and forth to get the URLs.

should I be able to drag and drop from "my documents" on my desktop or from "my media" on the forum ? If I can drag from "my media" how can I drag it when I can't be in the "new message" screen and media at the same time,

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Use two windows if dragging and dropping from the media gallery. But I find it easier to just drag from Windows Explorer. I added the media gallery for members who want to upload photos outside of posts.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry for being ignorant on the technical stuff,
when you say "windows explorer" is that the same as "my picture" folder in "my documents"? when I drag a picture from there into my post it puts the picture there giant size and does not allow me to add any text, it's almost like it has created a new window with the picture only

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, I am admitting to not having used windows since 1999. Could someone who does help Scott? The my documents and my pictures folders are the right places to drag from. There also is an upload a file button that you can also use to choose a file to upload. When I upload I get an option to include the image as a thumbnail or full size.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
jacob high jump off wake 09072013.jpg
Duhhhhh! my fault I didn't even see the "upload file" button right there next to "post reply" sorry for the bother! This board is GRRRRRRRRREAT !!! Thanks,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can also insert images that you have posted with "Public" permissions elsewhere on the internet. For example, if you have posted an image on FB, you can use a PC to right click on it and gets its URL, and then click on the small photo icon (next to the Smilies icon) and put your URL in the window that pops up.

The other way is to click on the Camera icon and select photos from your media album.

Here is one from my gallery: