• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is renaming my boat going to make me sink (name suggestions)

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going through a separation and I want to rename the boat. I've always hated the name (Liquid Asset), ex-wife picked it out she's in the mortgage business. Is it bad luck to do so or do I say F*** it and just do it?

100% yes you will sink. ? Also, don't walk under any ladders, look at any black cats, or step on any cracks (for your mother's sake!).

Rename it. Just be sure you have a dedication ceremony where you Christen the new boat with its new name (and party in whatever mode you see fit-perfect excuse to party!).

Leaving the plug out will make it sink.

I thought that was if the boat was named as a saint, otherwise you just do the renaming ceremony...

In all seriousness, staying afloat is a combination of luck and preparedness. I'm pretty certain the renaming will not cause you to sink.

Going through a separation and I want to rename the boat. I've always hated the name (Liquid Asset), ex-wife picked it out she's in the mortgage business. Is it bad luck to do so or do I say F*** it and just do it?

Rename her "Unencumbered!"

Rename it!

Do you have a new name picked out or do you need to start a poll on the forum? ?

Now I need to come up with a name.
Play off the mortgage banking terms:

Clear title
Cash-out refinance
Earnest money
Equity
Judgment
Jumbo Loan
Settlement
Security
Short sale
Vacation home

I would save Jumbo Loan for the new 255s...someone is going to need it.

Paid Off
Broker (say it, you'll get it)
Lien Over
Freedom

All MINE!

Rename it to “Single Ready 2 Mingle” Lol

Not saying I'm superstitious, but....Poseidon is not to be trifled with. Why tempt his fury when it can be so much fun to have a ceremony!?!?

Oh, by suggesting names I did not mean to imply that you should not have the ceremony. You should definitely have the ceremony. I believe that there are those here who have and can give you great detail on how to do it properly... @zipper, you fall into that category, do you knot?

Do the ceremony, on my last boat I renamed it, gave me 10+ more years of total enjoyment, and the ceremony was a fun little thing to do.

Good luck moving forward and enjoy your boat. I had to give a couple of suggestions since I really like to name boats...

Back