• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is there any reason not to buy this chartplotter?

The next unit I will buy will have a touch screen....if you are only using it for basic stuff this would be fine. I want to be able to quickly and easily input GPS coordinates....and you can't do that on the Garmin non-touch screen models (but Touch screens are a lot more expensive!)
Touch screens are more. https://www.hodgesmarine.com/searchresults.asp?Search=Axiom+7+w/+navionics&Submit= looking at some of the package options for Raymarine Axiom 7 with or w/o transducer and charts you are looking at $600-$750. If you add the RV suffix, real vision 3-d xducer, you are up in the $1200-$1350. However the sonar is only good to 800-900'. I dont have a need for an MFD on our Yamaha. We dont boat much after dark, we seem to hang around the same part of the Lake and with our shallow draft, the paper chart has worked for us when in doubt. With that said and FYI...we did buy an Axiom 9RV and a thru hull xducer to put on the sailboat, older eyes wanted a larger format. With a 6'3" draft and our intention to go to other areas than we typically do with the Yamaha, we felt we needed it. The Auto Pilot and wind instruments will compliment the Axiom. Plenty of room at the helm for a NavPod to mount the instruments. Now I just need to short haul the boat and drill a big hole to install the RV xducer.
20180717_080926.jpg
20180717_080558.jpg
20180710_152007.jpg
I know this is too big for our Yamahas, just putting info on the thread.

I’m starting to like the look of the dragonfly pro with Navionics. I realize it’s not touchscreen and I hear it’s cumbersome but it will be fine I think. Need to go play with one at cabelas or west marine I guess.

I will also add the 5 inch unit is plenty big enough size wise for our boats I have had no issues with the 5 inch screen size. I considered going bigger but glad I did not now it feel to be just about the perfect size for our boats.
Agree for chart plotting and mapping. I would prefer a slightly bigger screen for fish finding. 7" would make it just a little more visible from the sitting point on the back of the stern seats.....but that isn't critical...just a nice to have.

I’m starting to like the look of the dragonfly pro with Navionics. I realize it’s not touchscreen and I hear it’s cumbersome but it will be fine I think. Need to go play with one at cabelas or west marine I guess.

I had the the DragonFly Pro last summer for one week. While it was nice, it made me realize that i want touch screen. Im about 99% sold on getting a Simrad go7 with Navionics.

Back