• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this a new way to remove stuck cleaning plugs??

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On Saturday, I met another Yamaha boater getting ready to launch his boat in the river. He asked me if I knew a way to remove his clean out plugs he had left in for a long time. I suggested he lubricate them and try a rope and board above them. He then said he would just release the lock on them and give it plenty of throttle and see if they would just pop out. I advised against that method but he proceeded anyway. I saw him out there flying forward,stopping,flying full speed forward, stopping, several times. I left in another direction and saw him later in the day. I asked him how he made out. He said fine, they finally came out.
I left wondering what am I missing? If I had done that my whole tray would have shattered.

That's very interesting! I'd be worried of a damaged tray as well though. Maybe he put nerf footballs in there?

I suggested that to him. He said that was a good idea but he said he didn't have time for that and proceeded on.

On the way back from Bimini, we stopped about 5 miles out for a breather and I decided to check mine. One of them somehow cocked sideways and was jammed in there tight, nothing I could do. Left it unlocked, and threw a beach towel in there. Got to the marina, and pulled it right out like nothing had ever happened.

@veedubtek did you have your EZ locks installed when it went sideways ?

What was funny was I don't think he gave a crap. The boat kept going up and down as he tried to blow the plugs.

Would have been funny if both plugs went up in the air and down in the drink. I'm guessing he lied about his stupid routine not working. Blowing two plugs with no damage or lost plugs???

@veedubtek did you have your EZ locks installed when it went sideways ?

Nah @Scottintexas , I popped the locks out and then tried pulling the plug, and I'm pretty sure that's when it jammed. I left it out at that point. First time they've given me any issue since I rebuilt them 3 months ago. Pull em after every use and leave em out until the next outing. It's also possible it was never in all the way from the crossing over. Sucked up lots of seaweed, and I was kinda running around like crazy when we went back in the first time as my bilge pump had locked up. Everything was a little crazy then, and that was the last time I had it out.

Back