• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

It's official!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As of this morning I am now a new boat owner. I woke up to see the payoff for the 192 in my account and last night I closed the new loan on the 212x. I pick up the new boat tomorrow morning, will be on the lake for a few hours doing the initial break in and sea trial then I deliver the 192 to the new owners Saturday morning. Why is it no matter how we plan things and reason them we still end up with that pit in the stomach feeling on a major purchase?

I am the same way... we don't keep a very large debit load but I still get a sick feeling after making a large purchase..

Congrats! for your new baby, I hope you enjoy it like you enjoyed your 192. Im also looking to upgrade this year (2016 models)
still undecided if I will get a 21X or a 24. Have a wonderful weekend at the lake.

Won't be much of a lake weekend this week. I will be camping next week from Thursday thru Sunday though. Nothing but rain from tomorrow night to Monday. I'm just hoping to get it broke in enough to stretch its legs a bit and be ready for a long weekend. I'm sure the smile on my face will carry me through. I have amps to install, trailer goodies to install etc so it will be a busy week.

IMO that's the best color graphics combo on any of the Yammis. Congrats!

Believe it or not I will be looking to get them changed up a bit. I want the yellow to be a lime green. I know in some photos they look that way but when I saw it I person it was yellow. My favorite color is green...

Last edited:
Congrats! That "sick" feeling will go away when you get out on that new boat. But, that "sick" feeling will come back, but in a different form, every winter when it is freezing out!

Congrats! You know we want to see the obligatory pics once you get it :thumbsup:

Pics will come tomorrow I promise. I have to update my photo and ditch the stock image. I need to see it floating!

The only real bummer is I had set aside 2K for upgrades, Perfect Pass and Wake wedge with ballast.. however last minute my bank wanted more down... so there went my immediate big upgrade plans. On the bright side it drops my payment a little and they also gave me 90 days till first payment so I will probably pop for the wake wedge first and ballast then this winter hope that there is another mass buy on PP. I have some easy mods I am going to do right away to the stock ballast by adding an electric ball valve to the Starboard side with a switch in the dash that says Mode in the center, wake at the bottom and surf at the top. I will also be plumbing vents into the existing bags for now and reprogramming the timer. Since I surf normal I am only setting the boat up for that with the wedge etc. and that simple mod should be quick and easy. Down the road I will add another pump, a center bag and new custom bags for the rear. I am still immediately adding amps and trailer goodies like the Stoltz, guides, pads and buckles. That stuff has already been ordered and is due in tomorrow and Monday.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new boat! Look nice!!!

Congrats on the upgrade. Looking forward to the pics.

Congrats on the new boat!

Kind of a surreal moment. My 192 is all packed up and ready to go to it's new owner on Saturday.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So you bought a new boat last year, a new boat this year....so what do think will catch your eye next year? LOL. Congrats on the new boat man! I'm sure you'll have this one for a long time.

So you bought a new boat last year, a new boat this year....so what do think will catch your eye next year? LOL. Congrats on the new boat man! I'm sure you'll have this one for a long time.

Hopefully nothing for at least 5 years... Heck I didn't even own the 192 for a full year, I didn't bring it home till the last week in August. I lost some making a changeup so soon but it was not planned since I originally did not plan on the whole family wanting to go at the same time. It had the room though a little tight with 8 on board but it lacked in power because I am certain we were north of the load limit... Now I have the room and the power for when they do and I am ready! First big test starts a week from today!

Why is it no matter how we plan things and reason them we still end up with that pit in the stomach feeling on a major purchase?

Just fill that pit with a few beers while lounging on the boat and it will go away!

I tried that last night and it helped though I haven't picked the boat up but it is mine. Loans closed and money has changed hands... I am ready!

Very, very happy for you on the new purchase. As others have said, that feeling will pass and the fun will be more than worth it.

Congratulations!

Back