• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JB.net Losers Wanted

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I am siting here and just ordered UFC 183 (Silva vs. Diaz) and was just thinking the summer isn't that far away for us in the northern half of the country.

With that, its time to lose some weight and get healthier. (Less weight means better mpg for our Yamaha's)

I am proposing the 1st annual Jetboaters.net weight loss challenge. Start date would be February 15th and the final weigh in would be March 29th. (6 week competition). Total percentage weight loss wins. Obviously people could lie about the numbers, but I believe this group has plenty of credibility to do the right thing and would not worry about that.

We "could" have an entry fee with the top 3-5 winners getting some "Modification money", depending on how many people participate.

Well I'm just throwing it out there. ............Any feedback ??

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great idea....just a little late for me! I have 7 lbs left to lose to get me down to a weight I haven't weighed since EARLY highschool (175). I've dropped from 216 down to my present 182.....mostly just through diet (eat less)...but recently I've been upping the exercise in order to battle down the last lbs!

But I'm in!

Anyone have a fit bit...want to lock heads on # steps?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just looked up the Fitbit, I never heard of it before today. Looks like they have a few models with increasingly comprehensive data tracking.

I'd love to see how much I walk in a day.... I'm guessing 1.5 miles easily. **edit----1.7 if I include trips to the fridge for beers.

@Julian what model do you have?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Me and Barbie are "all in." Hoping for some less "all" by the time this is over.

I am happy to "contribute" . Let me know how much and where to send the "contribution." (Seriously said).

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I'm in. This could be the little extra push I've been looking for. Great idea.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My wife is a distributor of Advocare products that help with weight loss and improved health performance. She got hooked on it when I was deployed and loss 33 pounds. What a great surprise to come home too :winkingthumbsup". She is willing to offer a discount to JB members and their family. Here is a link to her website with all the product lines. If anyone has any questions PM me and I can get you in touch with her.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If we can get at least 10 people @50 bucks a head, we can have the top 3 receive some mod money. 1st, $250 2nd, $150 3rd, $100. Obviously the more contestants the bigger pot and more winners. Or if we went a $100 bucks a head we could have 1st, $500 2nd, $300 and 3rd, $200. Its totally up to everyone here. WHO ELSE IS IN !!!!! I think we have about 4/5 ppl so far. The more the better !!!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I lost 37 pounds doing the whole 30.

http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

I've slipped a little since I finished it, but we still try to cook our own food and know what's in it. The first month I lost 17 pounds. I did the program for 3 months strict.
Dropping beer out of the diet alone would have me drop 100% of my weight....

I'm too cheap for $50 wager....thats 2 boxes of ammo!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
HAHA yeah some type of holding tank, maybe someone who is very familiar on how paypal can be an asset can help. I guess we can figure out the details when we have a definitive number. We can also push the start date up to the 8th if people want. Then everyone can start earlier rather then later..

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Dropping beer out of the diet alone would have me drop 100% of my weight....

I'm too cheap for $50 wager....thats 2 boxes of ammo!!
The beer issue is why I have accepted I will not ever be where I want. And to me that is an acceptable tradeoff! I will however change everything else and see what happens. Could we incorporate a beer intake handicap factor to level the playing field? I kid, I kid.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian what model do you have?
I have the fitbit one, but not sure I'd get it again as I found it comes off my belt all the time (almost lost it twice). I think I'd go with a wrist strap one in the future.

I was pretty surprised by how few steps I was taking in a day at the office! It made me start taking longer routes to conference rooms, and taking the stairs whenever reasonable. I've gone from an average of 1700 at the office to 2400, which is still not enough, but as a percentage increase it is huge! It has also driven me to get back to the gym (and I'm in the market for an elliptical) and when I go to the gym, my steps are up to 10,000 for a day (roughly 5 miles)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in like Richard Simons.....well, maybe not like Richard, but I'll join in.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm totally in on this but I'm also a little to cheap for a $50 entry. Can we have a "Out of the money but in for the encouragement" division?

Also, are we going to announce the weight were starting from or just give updates on what we lose?

This might be just what I need to get my motivation back. :D

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I say we all either take a picture of the scale showing our starting weight, or simply just state it on here.............So how many ppl are in?? Here is a pre-list...correct me if I am wrong or haven't added youAnd how about a start date of 2/8/15 ??

IN
@geiger41
@scot71
@Wayloncle
@GiddYupJoe
@Bruce
@MikeyL & "Barbie"

Anyone else ?? Sorry if I missed you

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
take a picture of the scale showing our starting weight, or simply just state it on here
That means I have to buy a scale. That must be part of the problem!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can add me....I'll use my weight from Monday Morning after my Super Bowl indulgence!!!! Holy crap there must have been a LOT of salt in everything I ate! I gained 4.5lbs!!!!!! (of course it had nothing to do with how much I ate and drank!)