• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Jeep Battery

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a 2010 Wrangler 4 door Sahara. Battery seems a little weak at startup lately. Would it be a good idea to hook it up to my MINN-KOTA Onboard Dual Charger. Its in my garage now hooked up to the two batteries for the boat. Figured it would get it back to normal. Thoughts ??

Sorry, I cannot answer your question. But wanted to throw a Jeep Wave your way! :winkingthumbsup" (couldn't find one waving...)

image.jpg One day all little Heep owners grow up, become men and drive Broncos! >;)-

Last edited:
I started off with a YJ in 93. I loved that thing but the older I get the more I want to be in a smaller group to say, I feel like a classic and Broncos are def. that. Truthfully I was a bit ill when Jeep discontinued the I6, those were some great power plants, to me they are losing their ruggedness and becoming more of a mall crawler....
image.jpg

I feel ya, the 4.0 I6 was the best ever!!! Hell even the 2.5 with the correct gearing can do pretty good, I check in on your restoration project from time to time. It looks to be coming along nicely and will be gorgeous when done. As far as the ruggedness of the newer jeeps you are spot on, they have definitely lost a ton of that all the while going up astronomically in price..it seems everything is going that way. "Just slap a badge on it" they will buy it.

Its just like trucks etc. My 02 F250 still feels like a truck when inside of it, I thought about buying a new one till I crawled inside.. I was afraid to get it dirty on the showroom floor. All nice gizmos and gadgets etc... and how they took such a large cockpit and made it feel clausterphobic is beyond me. Thats the same feeling I had when I climbed into a TJ for the first time... its like goign backwards to the CJ5 from a CJ7 or worse yet a Willys for room consideration... the market today is to look like it could do it all yet provide the comfort of a sedan and it just kills the experience.

I have always said when they put power Windows and automatic transmissions in pick up trucks, that was the start of the end of an actual truck.. today they are more kid carriers and grocery getters, they are pretty much a car with a giant trunk.. LOL

How old is the battery?

@ChargerGuy may be able to provide some insight....?

Apologies for the hijack but back to the original question, I wuold hook it up if you are trying to see if you can save it. You wont hurt anything by doing so but you would be better off taking ti to get a performance test done on it. If a plate scaled or shifted and is shorting out to its neighbor, no charging will fix it.

FORD:

Found On Road Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fucked On Race Day

These are all mine, or were at one time or another. . . . . There are several others I don't have pictures of at the moment.

PICT0043.JPG

1979227_10203340172966244_1544149310_o.jpg

IMG_0260.JPGPICT0041.JPG

Yes, you could try the onboard charger but sometimes they get too low for the charger to work. Also, I know with my charger it has multiple setttings including one for the marine, AGM battery which is not the setting that you would use for your car/jeep battery.

You should bring it to get tested and depending on how old it is, you would have more peace of mind if you picked up a fresh battery.

Another jeep wave :winkingthumbsup"

IMG_0027.JPG

I guess I got off topic in my last post.

So, to @geiger41 's question:

In a 2010, if its the original battery. . . It was likely manufactured in 2009. Coming up on 6 years old, especially with the cold weather we have seen in the last 6 years I would strongly contemplate replacement. Matter of fact, in a rig like that I would likely set up dual batteries and get a pair of Red Top Optima's. That said, if you don't already know this about me, I can be known to overbuild things. = )

Just woke up, thanks for the hijack and the info lol. Yes its a 2010. Ill go get it checked out. If I have to replace then so be it. But hopefully a good charge will help out. As far as the jeep itself, when I bought it ppl at work broke my balls saying all I will have is problems. Well to this day I have not had one single problem. (I dnt consider a low battery a problem). While these guys have had problems with there Nissans, and Chevy's. Only 60k miles. NONE are offroad, only highway and city. Figure if I keep changing the oil/filter every 3k I should get another hassle free 60k. @0627Devildog yeah, not looking for dual battery setup lol

Hey @geiger41 .......... Yes, the really incredibly high-quality Minn-Kota charger (MK-220D ?) will work like a charm on your Jeep, and any other car batteries !!!!!
The Minn-Kota is so intelligent it automatically adjusts for the "type" of battery it is adjusting.
And I "kinda" agre with @0627Devildog ....... If it were me, and I needed to replace a battery today, I'ld buy an AGM type battery (which trhe Optimas are). ALL batteries made in America today, are made by only 2 companies - Johnson Controls (NYSE-listed) or East Penn. ALL batteries come from 1 of these 2 companies. You figger out the rest. The TYPE of battery is the more important question to be answered these days. IMHO.
Good Luck and Best of Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA <Wishin' I owned a Jeep>

Last edited:
Back