• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JETBOATERS App

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is there such a thing? Could there be? Have there been discussions. Do we want one? Do we need one? Should a poll be taken? Just wondering...

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There's an app for just about everything else. Why not? I guess for quick interface if needed.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What would it do?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Maybe a lite version of this? There is a TON of great information in these threads. Could it have access to that? Could it carry a PM or conversation? If someone (like me right now) is trying to sell something an alert would come to your phone (just to name a few)? I'm sure there are lots of reasons people could think of.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The forum software runs very well on a phone. Not sure what added value would come from an "app". That said, are you willing to write one for free for us that interfaces to the forum? If so...bring it on!

About the only use case I can think of that would be somewhat helpful would be the "Help" use case....where a boater having an issue would be able to alert us to his/her need. But we have that already....and we typically get pretty timely replies from the group here.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The forum software runs very well on a phone. Not sure what added value would come from an "app". That said, are you willing to write one for free for us that interfaces to the forum? If so...bring it on!
I wish I could write an app but no skills in that area. As far as cost, I'd be happy to pay $0.99 for it.

An app would be quicker and more direct than going thru the web.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Maybe the app could be "live" or have an auto refresh??? Constantly having to hit the refresh to have the website update. Gets annoying after awhile (finger get sore :)).

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last thing I’m looking at while on the water is my phone lol

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this site saved to my home screen, so I just click on it anyway and it pops up, I can’t imagine anything an actual app would add to the greatness of this forum, it works awesome on mobile devices👍

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Last thing I’m looking at while on the water is my phone lol
But you always have it with you. I'm sure you wouldn't leave the house without it. People are always checking on their phones (text, emails, missed calls and their JB app).

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An app still uses the web. As others stated the site works fine on the phone. If you view it vertically it makes it a “lite” version by hiding real estate such as profile info and signatures. The help system works pretty well as there are usually fast replies. I just don’t see what an app can provide that the forum doesn’t already offer. I use Skipper for free navigation and I use Spotify for music. Aside from the occasional post a pic on the water then I just try not to use it. Lord knows I stuff my face in the phone all week enough as it is and I don’t let my daughter play with her phone while we are doing family time on the water. That’s what it’s all about, escaping, to us anyways. YMMV

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As others stated the site works fine on the phone. If you view it vertically it makes it a “lite” version by hiding real estate such as profile info and signatures. The help system works pretty well as there are usually fast replies. I just don’t see what an app can provide that the forum doesn’t already offer. I use Skipper for free navigation and I use Spotify for music. Aside from the occasional post a pic on the water then I just try not to use it. Lord knows I stuff my face in the phone all week enough as it is and I don’t let my daughter play with her phone while we are doing family time on the water. That’s what it’s all about, escaping, to us anyways. YMMV
That’s one of the big reasons I like going out on the boat so much, it’s the one time that my wife actually relaxes and she usually puts her phone in the head storage, it stays there the whole time and the kids don’t even seem to think about wanting to watch some other kid play games on YouTube🤦‍♂️

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As others stated the site works fine on the phone. If you view it vertically it makes it a “lite” version by hiding real estate such as profile info and signatures.
Just noticed how the site display changes on my phone landscape vs portrait thanks to this comment! Nice! :)

While I've never used it before, as far as an app goes, folks use tapatalk on many forums. Not sure if JB would have to be specifically designed to work with that though.

Site seems to work great as-is on my "old" gs6. No complaints here!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just noticed how the site display changes on my phone landscape vs portrait thanks to this comment! Nice! :)

While I've never used it before, as far as an app goes, folks use tapatalk on many forums. Not sure if JB would have to be specifically designed to work with that though.
Thank you for pointing that out about Tapatalk. Couldn't think of the name and you're right about the web on the phone. It does look good.

Wasn't trying to hurt or upset anyone. Just trying to see if there was a need. This is by far the best forum out there with very knowledgeable participants who love the share and help. Thank you.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use tapatalk for most of my forums, but I don't know how to make it work with JB

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t think anyone was hurt or upset by your suggestion. I think we’re just trying to understand how it would be used or an improvement to what’s already there.

Maybe a app could have links to things like navionics, skipper, the FAQ, Help, etc but I’m no developer and not sure what all is involved with legally tying other apps into your app. Not to mention I don’t think it’s free to have an app on the iPhone, Android or Google stores and time to develop such an app wouldn’t be free either.

Just seems like a lot of work for little if any gain when the resources are already there for the most part depending on your idea of the app.

My .02 anyways. I hope I didn’t come off as trying to shutdown your ideas. Just trying to understand your needs and if there is something the forum doesn’t already provide you or maybe you weren’t aware of.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish I could write an app but no skills in that area. As far as cost, I'd be happy to pay $0.99 for it.

An app would be quicker and more direct than going thru the web.
You can create a shortcut icon to your phone which mimics an APP. On iphone for example, you "Add the startup website" to your homescreen. Boom, click that and you are on jetboaters.net

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You can create a shortcut icon to your phone which mimics an APP. On iphone for example, you "Add the startup website" to your homescreen. Boom, click that and you are on jetboaters.net
Interesting idea. Add a shortcut to the homescreen on my iPhone? How would I do that? Or, do you mean adding it to the homescreen of the browser?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
go to jetboaters.net homepage on Safari. then click the square with an up arrow on the lower menu bar, then choose "add to homescreen". done.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
D90DA847-44C3-4E97-91F6-42578ED0994D.jpeg586C2D2D-7176-44A1-B734-80A85B25CEBA.jpeg

Attachments