• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AbuAyd, you may want to consider a different style of transducer. Depending on which plotter than goes with you are likely to have several options.

You definitely want to have a depth reading in Bimini.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
@AbuAyd, you may want to consider a different style of transducer. Depending on which plotter than goes with you are likely to have several options.

You definitely want to have a depth reading in Bimini.
@Bruce the glastron has a depth reading built in. This transducer is connected to the a78 they had on special sale for Father's Day. The original one that came with us broke off and they won't replace it they said it discontinued. Had to get this newer transeducer for another $120 and now that is broken. Where did you mount yours ? I am wondering if the location is the problem. We mounted on the right side of the jet on the bottom of the boat. But the design is also very fragile.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AbuAyd,

The transducer that came with my a78 was the same as the one that came with my Dragonfly. I have broken two of those mounts over 4 years. I have it mounted just to the starboard of the port pump which is the standard Yamaha transducer location.

The 1.2’ seas with the wind and waves in our face forecast for Monday morning looks pretty good to me.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@AbuAyd,

The transducer that came with my a78 was the same as the one that came with my Dragonfly. I have broken two of those mounts over 4 years. I have it mounted just to the starboard of the port pump which is the standard Yamaha transducer location.

The 1.2’ seas with the wind and waves in our face forecast for Monday morning looks pretty good to me.
And my weatherman intern looked up last night and said there are few variables that would change that forcast model much. In fact he said it may come out of the south directly in the morning for a bit but then may pick up to a heavier wind later. We will need to watch for that shift because he said it could be a 15-18 mph wind once it shifts back to soitheast.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I printed up bahamas customs clearance forms. Do I fill out or no?
Also, parking all figured out? Was there going to be a shuttle?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There was a shuttle for us for both directions. But we all chipped in like 5 bucks each for a tip.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, fill out the customs papers prior to arrival. The shuttle is $5 or $10, depending on their mood.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes, fill out the customs papers prior to arrival. The shuttle is $5 or $10, depending on their mood.
Noted.
Actually pretty much lost as to how much cash I should be bringing, lol

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know this has been asked but can't find it.
Port of arrival?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Friend/coworker is a college student going to be meteorologist and is interning with tom Skilling here in Chicago. I have him watch all the models for me/us but he says they are less accurate for off shore.
Tom Skilling is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Tell your friend to say to Tom that Julian Mitchell says hi....its been decades since I worked with him....wonder if he'll remember me....if he doesn't remember my name, I'm sure he'll remember our lunches together in the WGN-TV cafeteria....which at the time were usually packed with people waiting to see Bozo, so we'd get pretty annoyed when security would let them in early and we couldn't eat in peace. I joked one day about saying "Kids....go home!!! Bozo's dead!"....we were both laughing hysterically at the thought (at the time is was funny). I floor directed the noon and 9pm news for years.

Tom lives for the weather, such a nice and down to earth guy!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They received fuel tonight so this was not the issue they literally refused to serve fuel they had to us but offered it to someone else I know that same day. In fairness I spoke to other boaters they refused as well so why this guy picked my friend to offer fuel to I do not know but the fuel situation has been weird its almost like the guy at the fuel dock just doesn't want to work. They guy told my friend they had fuel but were telling us no they didn't. Then the next morning told us they had 900 gallons before they ran out.
I talked to the dock guy (Rodney) and the impression I had was that he was only offering their remaining fuel to Bimini Sands residents and guests. Since we all just got there, it isn't easy to keep track of who is who. We were initially told, no gas. Then Rodney told me later in the day...we have some but keep it quiet for Sands only.

Really Concerned about this as the Glastron has no clean out ports. How can I better prepare? Any way to navigate around it?
You can drive around the big islands of it, but you can't miss it all. The reverse move worked for me, but because there was so much, we kept collecting more (should have taken a photo of what we pulled out from the grates upon arrival at Harbor town! The only problem with the reverse manuver is if it is really rough it is harder to do. The stuff is so damn tough it doesn't come off even if you speed up and pound waves. I went from 7.3GPH to 9.5 GPH when I had weeds (at exactly the same RPM). Having the GPH displaying helped me keep track of just how much weed I had.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is too early to expect the forecasts to be accurate however the current forecast is concerning. If it holds we could cross on Sunday but it appears that our boats would be stuck in the marina for days afterward. Hopefully this improves.

97173326-841E-4660-8367-154426DD1F6D.png 22CD47C8-6E6D-4C00-9FE6-3B49C5D04BA4.png

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It is too early to expect the forecasts to be accurate however the current forecast is concerning. If it holds we could cross on Sunday but it appears that our boats would be stuck in the marina for days afterward. Hopefully this improves.

View attachment 77973 View attachment 77974
June groups waves from crossing so fast...

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 77973 View attachment 77974
Windy looks a bit better then windfinder but not by much. Right now windy has it about 1.1 ft waves Sunday morning. I am 100% ok with leaving Sunday and actually prefer it. We will need to know by end of Wednesday if possible as that is when we can cancel our Bahia Mar rooms without penalty

Last edited:

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Windy looks a bit better then windfinder but not by much. Right now windy has it about 1.1 ft waves Sunday morning. I am 100% ok with leaving Sunday and actually prefer it. We will need to know by end of Wednesday if possible as that is when we can cancel our Bahia Mar rooms without penalty
Is there a time you guys need? I did not get a room but i reserved a slip. im closely monitoring the wheather. as of right now, it is begining to get better.Forecasts shows 1.4 ft waves and dropping out of port everglades. Bimini dropped by a foot as well. Hopefully the winds continue to adjust in our favor.