• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster Debut!!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I see openenings on the sides.
My twin buckets don't have such openings.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, I give up, I can not be the only one here cracking my head - how is that lateral thruster different that Yamaha's own RiDE? I'm dying here.

I can not wait to see it!!!

--
On a ski it moves in the opposite direction of the input of the bars. So you would have to turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction you are used to. It would totally mess up what you have been taught to do on every boat made

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My FZS has the same reverse bucket shown there and it is very efficient for reverse on a ski but wouldn't be practical on a boat

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Ride gate is similar to SeaDoo and Chaparral and Scarab and Glastron's gates. We don't like the solution because reverse steering is backwards. It is not intuitive compared to the way you've learned to drive a car and every other boat on the planet. Ours will maintain Yamaha's standard reverse control so it will be intuitive, and much more effective! More details coming soon!

Last edited:

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Following

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Okay, I give up, I can not be the only one here cracking my head - how is that lateral thruster different that Yamaha's own RiDE? I'm dying here.

I can not wait to see it!!!

--
I've though to try and install Yamaha's WaveRunner gate on a Yamaha boat before to try and see what the impact is. Although I haven't wanted the reverse steering that comes with it. I eager to see how Jet Boat Pilot has approached this with out having the steering issue.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be interesting to see the mechanics of it

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What lateral thruster? We've not see what it looks like yet....unless I missed a post....
I meant the title of this thread - with Lateral Thruster Debut!

--

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So Yamaha uses a similar gate to the Rotax reverse buckets on their skis but not on their boats even though the board consensus is that the Rotax version is superior? Is the only reason being that reversing would be reverse from how cars and other boats steer?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe it will at least be in time for Santa's elves to steal Will's design and drop a dual system down my chimney in December. Elves don't give a reindeer poop about patents!

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've found the following document in JBP dumpster, hopefully it sheds some light on the details on the Thrust Vectors
how-to-hide-personal-info-in-word-documents-5462.png

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You said this will be compatible with Thrust Vector correct? Would I even need TV still if I had this? Just purchased an AR240 and don't want to buy TV if they will be redundant.

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
While it is difficult to forecast exact retails in the beginning because we're going to have to ramp up production, I can tell you that the goal is to have this product retail for about the same as our Thrust Vector line. $200-300 for single and $400-600 for a twin. We may be able to hit that mark out of the gate, we may not. Just have to see what our materials and labor costs are and then what the demand is. I know that we can reach our Target price point, it's just a matter of when.
I am sure it will be a great add on....but $400-$600 is WAY to much for me to spend for something I almost never use!

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On a previous post I think they said will be compatible with Thrust Vectors but not Cobra steering

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's weird that you would design it on for tv's. Would that not open the patent for cj to build one.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On a previous post I think they said will be compatible with Thrust Vectors but not Cobra steering
Gotcha. Now just wondering if there is any point in buying TV? Seems like they both serve the same purpose with this new solution possibly being better.