• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot SeaDek Faux Teak Group Buy

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys.

We are going to sponsor a SeaDek Teak/ Hydro-Teak group buy for JetBoaters.net members who own Yamaha boats.

We will launch the group buy on September 1, 2014 and will allow for members to sign up from now until then. To sign up you simply need to e-mail me, Will, at will@jetboatpilot.com with your boat, mat choice and color choice and jetboaters.net user name. Once we've tallied up the number of guys that are in we will announce the totals and apply the price accordingly. Here's the structure.

1 Cockpit kit & Swim Platform kit = 1 unit
1 Cockpit kit = 1 Unit
1 Swim Platform Kit = 1/2 unit

1-4 units = regular price
5-9 units = 15% off total purchase price (SeaDek Teak or Hydro-Teak)
10-14 units = 20% off total purchase price (SeaDek Teak or Hydro-Teak)
15+ units = 25% off total purchase price (SeaDek Teak or Hydro-Teak)

Logos and other custom work will not be discounted. Call for details on logos or custom jobs.

Keep in mind, if you order a cockpit kit with a swim platform kit you save $50.00 up front plus your discount is calculated from the discounted combo price.

Please review our website (link below) for standard mat layouts and optional mats. Prices are there for your review.

http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_category=89&controller=category (SeaDek Link)

http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_category=91&controller=category (Hydro-Teak Link)

Once the group buy is ready to launch on September 1, 2014 we will announce here on this thread and will be here to take orders by phone, at 850-960-3236 or 850-867-1410.

If you have questions feel free to call anytime.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
would a single piece of faux teak that covers the gas tank and the center hatch be available instead of the two pieces shown on your website

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Super discount @JetBoatPilot !!

Let's band together and get a nice discount! I'm liking the 25% off!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whats the diff between SeaDek Teak or Hydro-Teak
SeaDek is more expensive and made from closed cell foam.

Hydro-Teak is made from open cell Hydro-Turf foam. It is a thicker two colored version of what Yamaha installs on our swim decks.

Both look amazing.

@JetBoatPilot, please correct me if I am wrong.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the jury still out on longevity between the two?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 7 year old hydro-turf that I removed from my swim deck was just starting rub off as a powder. If my hydro-teak holds up as long I will be very happy.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My hydro turf doesn't seem to be dusting either, but we only have 3-4 months of boating season up here, so not much sun damage.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking at the Sea Dek, But I can't find a good guide to the colors, looking for the same color as Bruce's hydro-teak. My guess is titanium(storm gray over black) can anyone confirm this before I put my order in?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Whats the diff between SeaDek Teak or Hydro-Teak
Hydro-Teak is the same stuff that Yamaha uses on the swim platforms, but laminated together with a black sheet underneath. We machine both SeaDek and Hydro-Teak here in the shop on the same table using the same process.

The SeaDek is in my opinion the higher quality product of the two. Apart from it being a longer lasting product, the thing that I have noticed about the SeaDek product is the heat dissipation. SeaDek faux teak mats are remarkably cooler than the Hydro-Teak in direct sunlight.

SeaDek also gives you tons of color choices whereas Hydro-Teak only comes in one color for now.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot Do you have the 2005 Seadek in Titanium available? Looks like you only have the faux teak (mocha over black?)?

Awesome opportunity!!
We have all the SeaDek colors available for all 4 stroke Yamaha models. We have not templated the 2 stroke boats as of yet.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking at the Sea Dek, But I can't find a good guide to the colors, looking for the same color as Bruce's hydro-teak. My guess is titanium(storm gray over black) can anyone confirm this before I put my order in?
Yes, Titanium is the best match for Bruce's Hydro-Teak.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have seen lots of SeaDek since we've started selling it and I don't know if I've ever seen it powder like the Hydro-Turf. So my opinion for now is that the SeaDek does hold up longer.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
would a single piece of faux teak that covers the gas tank and the center hatch be available instead of the two pieces shown on your website
We could do that but try not to with our current pricing because it throws off our CNC machine's nesting and per sheet part yield when we make changes like that.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are the rear compartment covers included in the SeaDek swim deck package?

If not, how much are they for the pair, as well as the small walk-through piece, the piece on the fold-down seat, and the triangular front anchor piece? I couldn't find the piece prices on your website.