• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The starboard side looks like it is throwing a rooster tail kind of spray????

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Likely a small adjustment will be made on the inboard deflection angle on the port Vector. That is likely the source.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the X you were testing with did you try and fill the center bag as well? Was it the same results as putting three bodies up front? Only checking because it is not often I get 700lbs of people in my boat.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On the X you were testing with did you try and fill the center bag as well? Was it the same results as putting three bodies up front? Only checking because it is not often I get 700lbs of people in my boat.
We did and we found that the center bag did not help much. When we shifted three bodies to the front it made the wave smaller and we moved back to the back. I am sure you could add more ballast to the rear and then add weight in the front but this way you don't have to and you still get a very respectable wake!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our focus was only on the port side wake yesterday so we were not testing to clean both sides simultaneously. The final product will most assuredly clean both sides simultaneously because that has been one of our key selling points all along.
Sounds like a well controlled test, if
I understand it correctly? So you have the Surf TV on the port/surf side producing a killer wave (at least at times) while the non-surf/no TV side is all froth.

That is good to know.

Ballast is the key, sounds like you have 1,500 lbs in the rear plus 4 adults with no lean! that is a very significant result while going straight!

Would still be nice to see same side w/o the surf TVs.

We all’ve seen @Bobbie’s 212X wake with nothing but ballast (and no wedge)...

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The starboard side already comes out clean, someone said due to spin of impellers... wonder if the deflector is causing turbulance and froth

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No we actually had both Thrust Vectors installed but we were focusing our efforts on the port side at the time of the shoot. The starboard side is always pretty clean so we'll include that on one of our future videos but to do our best to produce some compelling video content sooner than later we really wanted to showcase the side that is in greatest demand.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The starboard side already comes out clean, someone said due to spin of impellers... wonder if the deflector is causing turbulance and froth
I’m guessing we will just need to wait until someone does a simple before and after (side by side). Like this:
Got my wake booster on Friday so had to try it out. Just a quick test and didn't have time to get in the water, but thought I'd share. First video is basically how we've been surfing. About 600lbs under port side rear seat and about 800lbs in center locker. No wedge. We typically went in circles with the surf side rpm way down to try to reduce the jet wash. OK enough for my teenagers to surf ropeless, but not great. Second video is the same setup, but going straight line with the wake booster. Hard to tell in the video, but our initial thought is that it's obviously much cleaner as expected, but I think it's also significantly taller as well. Next step is to get the wetsuits on and get in the water! Will post more video when that happens.

No booster:

With booster:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will do before and after video when the product is complete.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For all you Single Engine Guys and Gals out there, don't think we didn't think about you yesterday!

May I present to you the first ever "Double Crossover" EVER ON A 19 FOOT JET BOAT!!!!!

Boat: 2019 Yamaha AR195, Gear: Thrust Vector Wake Plus JetBoatPilot Ballast System (600lbs steel shot ballast plus bag), Crew: 4 Adult Males 700 LBS, Fresh Water, 20 Foot Deep, Straight Line, No Lean!!!

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For all you Single Engine Guys and Gals out there, don't think we didn't think about you yesterday!

May I present to you the first ever "Double Crossover" EVER ON A 19 FOOT JET BOAT!!!!!

Boat: 2019 Yamaha AR195, Gear: Thrust Vector Wake Plus JetBoatPilot Ballast System (600lbs steel shot ballast plus bag), Crew: 4 Adult Males 700 LBS, Fresh Water, 20 Foot Deep, Straight Line, No Lean!!!
Very impressive. Can’t wait to get the double dialed in for us. Looks like I’ll need some more ballets for the stern but I think these are gonna work out great.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Now, that is something I don’t think we have seen before.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No we actually had both Thrust Vectors installed but we were focusing our efforts on the port side at the time of the shoot.
If I'm being a rube, let me know -but what exactly does this mean? Will the TV-Ws be side-specific? Otherwise I don't know what it means to focus your efforts on the port side if all ballast was centerline and the the TV-Ws are on both jets.

Christopher Dobrosky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Hey Will, I lbought the thrust vectors (and lateral thrusters) in Sept on the group buy, do I need to upgrade the whole system or is there a smaller system upgrade that gives the surf effect? You know, we are new to boating but want to surf so just making sure before I buy a whole new system a few months later.

Jeff Jozwi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

That's an impressive wave for a 19.5' boat with a single jet and only 600 lbs of ballast.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I'm being a rube, let me know -but what exactly does this mean? Will the TV-Ws be side-specific? Otherwise I don't know what it means to focus your efforts on the port side if all ballast was centerline and the the TV-Ws are on both jets.
You're not being rude but you are watching a test video with lots of variables going on that I am not able to share....we're trying to be as forthcoming as we can but some things that we do are trade secrets and part of IP filings so we cannot share all.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Will, I lbought the thrust vectors (and lateral thrusters) in Sept on the group buy, do I need to upgrade the whole system or is there a smaller system upgrade that gives the surf effect? You know, we are new to boating but want to surf so just making sure before I buy a whole new system a few months later.
You can't simply swap parts to upgrade....sorry about that. We do offer a trade credit though. $100 for twins and $50 for singles, any brand.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

This is great and worth the wait. Question, did you have anyone in the bow?